|Language:||English • français • Deutsch • русский • 日本語 • Nederlands • polski • norsk bokmål • español • 中文|
|This article or section may be outdated. Editors are encouraged to update this section with new information.|
|Note: This page was updated with version 22.214.171.124(11) of Project Zomboid in mind. If the page turns out to be outdated please add an outdated Notice banner.|
- You can use WASD to move your character around.
- Holding Shift while moving will cause the player to run.
- Holding CTRL or Right Mouse Button while moving causes the player to sneak, making the player slower, quieter and hence more difficult to detect (see also combat stance below).
- You can also zoom in and out by using the Mouse Scroll Wheel
- You can also right click on the ground and click the menu option that says "Move There" but is a rather awkward form of control.
- Holding CTRL or Right Mouse Button will put the player into a combat/sneak stance with whatever weapon is equipped in the main hand. Pressing the Left Mouse Button will then use the weapon.**Note** This is also how you 'attack' doors to break them down.
- To aim at a specific area hover your mouse over the area desired and click the Left Mouse Button to attack the direction where your crosshair is pointed.
- The longer you hold Right Mouse Button down, the more accurate and powerful you will be.
- While holding down CTRL or Right Mouse Button you can press Space which will make the player pushing with his hand or kick a lied down zombie instead of attacking with the currently equipped weapon.
- 1 is the shortcut for equipping a Blunt Weapon.
- 2 is the shortcut for equipping a Firearm.
- 3 is the shortcut for equipping a Blade Weapon.
- Items can be eaten or consumed by Right-Clicking and selecting Eat or by Left-Clicking and Dragging on the Heart icon below your inventory box.
- The Right Mouse Button clears the item you are currently carrying with your cursor.
- Pressing Tab will open up your inventory.
- The Mouse Scroll Wheel will cycle through your inventory.
- Double clicking the Left Mouse Button on an item in a container will add it to your inventory.
- Highlighting an item and clicking the Left Mouse Button on the category of the item will transfer the selected item in the opposing container.
- Pressing R will load/unload the magazine of a held pistol.
- Holding R will add bullets to a held mag.
- Pressing Q will cause a shout from the player, drawing zombies near.
- While pressing CTRL / Right Mouse Button, the Mouse cursor will allow you to face different directions
- The Left Mouse Button is a context specific button and will vary depending on what it interacts with, such as picking up items, opening and closing of doors, windows curtains and lights switch.
- Pressing F2 will pause the game.
- Pressing M will mute the the Music.
- You can remove Wooden Planks off a door or window if you have a Hammer in your inventory by right-clicking on the window/door.
- To destroy walls, door frames and other props if you have a Sledgehammer in your inventory, then use Right Mouse Button and select Destroy
- Pressing "E" will activate a general action if available (ex. Opening a door, window...)
- Holding "E" will activate the "follow up" to the general action (ex. Going through a window after opening)
- Rapidly pressing "E" will make an "urgent action" and will make your character take drastic measures (ex. Smashing a window with his/her arm)
- When constructing walls, fences and similar objects, press R to rotate the object before placing it.
- Pressing F12 will take a screenshot and store it in \Users\USERNAME\Zomboid\Screenshots folder.
- To gather logs after cutting down a tree, head over to the logs and open up the inventory box. Click the ground icon and you should be able to pick up the logs.
- The blue digits in the upper-right is the current Time, Day and Month of your game. Time is displayed in 24-hour format.
- Clicking the PAUSE symbol will pause the game.(Keyboard shortcut is F2)
- Clicking the PLAY symbol with resume the game. (Keyboard shortcut is F3)
- Clicking the Fast-Forward arrows or the Clock icon will Fast-Forward time at different speeds (Keyboard shortcuts are F4;F5;F6).
Left side of the HUD
- 1 display your primary equipped item.
- 2 display your secondary equipped item.
- 3 will hide or show your inventory when you will left-click on it.
- 4 will hide or show your health/skill panel, where you can find your survival time etc...
- 5 will hide or show the crafting panel, where you can see the recipes known by your character.
- 6 will enable the furniture moving, which will allow you to pick-up/place or rotate the furniture if you have the tools and skills required.
To use a controller you have to install it properly in your operating systen, then configure the controls in the options menu.