Connall, Agree with your assessment of the Occupations page and links. Go ahead and consolidate away. Pianoman 22:46, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
Could you undo the last change of Template:RecipeLookup ? I somehow cant submit anything... is there some kind of submit limit ? And, well this is also a test whether i can submit or not.
- 1 28_мая_2011_года
- 2 UnPacker
- 3 Page delete request
- 4 Code Sections
- 5 Farm Guide Alterations
- 6 Page move request
- 7 Item Crafting Template
- 8 Skirt/Shoes deletion
- 9 redirects (items related)
- 10 Russian pages with russian letter in name.
- 11 What about english pages titles
- 12 remove this please
- 13 About images resizing and duplicates
- 14 Happy to help out
- 15 RE: Main Page Changes
- 16 Main Page rough draft final draft
- 17 Main Page
- 18 I'm so sorry about my OCD
- 19 Main Page
- 20 Image update request
- 21 Question Rescinded.
- 22 Spam filter blocks force sorting type on tables
- 23 Template update request
- 24 Formal replacement of Boilerplate Templates requested (either unlock protection or replace)
- 25 Template Boilerplates and Category/Template Protections
Will try deleting this later. I am getting a database error that may be related to the update of the wiki software to the latest greatest version. I already killed the link from the main page. Pianoman (talk) 19:47, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
Sharing is enabled now. Is my first time using mediafire ^^. Please tell me if there are any bugs.
Page delete request
There is a duplicate article for beef jerky.
One has a capital J and one doesn't. Recommend deleting the one with the lower-case 'j' as the capital 'J' is the one linked to from the items page.
I saw one of your edits to the wooden chair page. Since there's no stylesheets for the wiki (yet) I have to ask... Why are we adding code snippets to the pages. Seems like we're creating more work and much more overhead keeping the information up to date for no benefit I can ascertain...
Modders the only ones I can even remotely see getting any sort of useful benefit from the the code section, but then they should be referring to the actual code itself, rather than a possibly dated version of the code listed on the wiki.
I can't see any other use case besides idle curiosity, and for that (in my rather worthless opinion) the time would be better spent updating parts of they wiki that everyone will use rather than a small subset of people that shouldn't even be using it anyway.
If you insist on having a code section, my fallback position would be to create a template, using a collapsible table format, that contains the version information the code was taken from, so people would at least know how old the code was.
Farm Guide Alterations
Hey Connall, im also trying to make a table of seeds gained from farming, but have only harvested my cabbage yet, as soon as I have more info i will either send them to you or put them in the farming guide, what do you want me to? --Mullelars (talk) 12:11, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
Page move request
Could you please move File:Large Table.gif to File:Large Table anim.gif, and File:Small Table.gif to File:Small Table anim.gif ? I think there should be Itemname.png. But I didn't notice that the same pagename of png and gif can't exist at the same time. Thank you. --Itok (talk) 01:54, 15 December 2013 (UTC)
Item Crafting Template
- Still not sure, I'm trying to change the table on the Rain Collector craft box, but don't see how I can edit it, there are no given fields for me to add data into, and the recipe is very wrong , thank you for any help you can offer. Zachariah Zuan (talk) 23:32, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
- that's perfect thank you! Zachariah Zuan (talk) 16:06, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
fair enough, i m the one who added skirt in the recipelist too (for bandages/sheetrope). just checked out the items list page and saw that the information is in fact already available there. my points was just to have a fully blue navbox for clothing items (meaning no red link) but i understand your point. --Susmab (talk) 17:36, 22 January 2014 (UTC)
Just want to do it the right way.
I just modified 9mm bullets so that instead of redirecting to [[9mm Rounds]] it redirects to the Ammo section in the Items page (Items#Ammo).
I dont know if it s the right way to do it.
Just to be clear, I think it s better to put redirects because if not we will have plenty of pages to modify (compared to 3 redirects).
And finally, we can do the same thing for every other item who was qualified as a stub and deleted.
It will really help in cleaning the Special:WantedPages
Please let me know what do you think about this. --Susmab (talk) 20:03, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
Hi again, I ve made the same thing for shoes and all bags except the garbage bag which is nominated for deletion, it should just be changed to a redirection like the other bags (which points to [[Items#Baggage]]) since there will be links to it when the rain barrel collector article gets an improvement for example. --Susmab (talk) 23:57, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
- np np, first time contributing on a wiki just so you know. (I love this game soooo much ;)) --Susmab (talk) 00:07, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
I don't know what you mean by "I need to ask is evidence to back up that the kitchen knife it used to make bread". I don't remember changing anything that relates to kitchen knives recently. Can you clarify this please? Thanks! --Rorschach (talk) 17:27, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
I know that there is already a Fixing page, but it's pretty thin on useful info. I started to make this one to see if I could improve on what was already available - maybe one could be folded into the other at some point. I was wondering, do you think I should keep working on this, or is it a waste of time and should be deleted? Ta. --Rorschach (talk) 17:39, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
- Edit: the Fixing page just got deleted! It wasn't me...
Hi Connall! Just an FYI, since you probably saw this already but the user Michaelrandolf created an account and then started putting online gambling links into a few pages. I didn't know if you had to remove them, or if I should/could. --Rorschach (talk) 15:50, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
Russian pages with russian letter in name.
OK, I understand. I will continue make new pages without russian letters. I found some links: Бейсбольная бита, Баррикада, Бейсбольная бита с шипами, Боб Смит, Аптечка. -- Hamsteri (talk) 14:42, 27 February 2014 (UTC)
What about english pages titles
I've got a problem with the names of the articles : sometimes they look "Like This", with an uppercase character at the beginning of each title, and some other times they look "Like this".
I am translating the pages for the french wiki, and I've got the tentation to give the english articles the right name. But what should I choose ? It seems that older articles are "Like This" and newer ones are "Like this", and a lot of translated pages are "Like This/lang", so it's a big temptation to put the article into the "Like This" case and keep a redirection more because I am not allowed to delete pages than because it is really useful to keep them.
Last but not least : french maintainers used the both too... I'm changing it all to "Like this" for french titles. It does not change anything for links with the matching english articles.
So my questions :
- Do you prefer "Spiked Baseball Bat" or "Spiked baseball bat" as a title for your article ?
- Could I have the right to delete pages, for maintenance purpose ? A lot of "Like this" pages redirecting to "Like This", and the reverse, exist. I'm ready to take a little time to clean it up properly, if I was allowed too.
Thanks, have fun with PZ ;)
remove this please
About images resizing and duplicates
To explain why I did this : the idea is to improve quality and maintainability, in the long run :
- some images have not the official game name. It would be preferable to get this one. So I've uploaded some duplicates, I'm sorry, but I think we should finally keep only the officially named image.
- I think that the file with the official name should get the official image resolution : 1 pixel for 1 pixel. I know some browsers don't zoom this kind of images cleanly, and it's why 120x120 images are useful. But thoses images are not the official one, so we should decide a naming standard for 120x120 images, ie like Official_Name_120.png or Official_Name_big.png (I prefer this one). So we could this in naming of the item template image and get the zoomed image clean in all browsers.
- Most of items are expected to be 32x32, so I've choosen to keep this format when it's possible, even if the image is a little bit smaller, in order to have a normalize size of images and have a maximum of them with the same size.
- My "item source template generator" and the "recipes source generator" I worked on calculates the images following these rules, and it will make easier to add items and recipes into the wiki with a clean-normalized-automatically-generated model.
So that's why I begun to upload duplicates and re-zoomed images. I hope this is ok for you. If so I will work on the use of the normalized images names on pages.
Happy to help out
Thanks Connall! I've been working to learn mediawiki, so it's been quite the learning process. Bowlympicshero has been a great help with formatting and getting a ton of files uploaded too. Hemilash (talk) 03:10, 23 August 2014 (BST)
RE: Main Page Changes
Yeah, that's my bad actually. Didn't even realize there was a code of conduct for that and all until just recently. I'll be switching to a draft THEN implement procedure more like whatHemilash used for the Recipe Ingredients page. The layout of this wiki and the main page can be quite confusing to newcomers and is in desperate need of some tweaking. I'm currently taking a hiatus from working on anything right now because I believed I burnt myself out. So in a day or so I should be back with some ideas that I'll drop on the discussion page and see what you guys think about it. I'm also working on compiling a list of all items that I need to finish adding to the Items page. With Project Zomboid creeping closer to a full release, I believe there is a greater need to focus on getting it's wiki page current and presentable.
rough draft final draft
I'm nearing the end of my drafting process. Looking for any final suggestions. I would like to get this live ASAP so that more people can enjoy better ease of access to the majority of the content. NOTE: The 3 main sections have temp links under them for the time being. My next project will be the corresponding sub-portal pages Basics and the new Survival Guide. Once the sub-portals go live, section explanation/description will replace the temp links.
Project Zomboid is a zombie survival RPG for Windows, Mac and Linux. The game is currently in alpha, and is being developed by The Indie Stone, which consists of Will Porter, Andy Hodgetts, Marina Siu-Chong, Chris Simpson, Romain Dron, Paul Ring and Spiffo, the community raccoon. It is available to buy on Desura and Steam The game will be updated in a modular style similar to the development of Minecraft, Towns, or Kenshi. A purchase at any time guarantees updates throughout its development lifetime, and Steam keys will be issued to anyone who owns the game through an alternate service up to and possibly after its Steam release. The official forums can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
To propose changes to the main page, please see the main page sandbox.
Project Zomboid is a zombie survival RPG for Windows, Mac and Linux. The game is currently in alpha, and is being developed by The Indie Stone, which consists of Will Porter, Andy Hodgetts, Marina Siu-Chong, Chris Simpson, Romain Dron, Paul Ring and Spiffo, the community raccoon. It is available to buy on Desura and Steam
We currently have 1,354 articles!
To propose changes to the main page, please see the main page sandbox.