This article or section is currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
It is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well, be sure to check the talk page first.
If this page has not been updated in a while, please remove this notice. Last edit was 17/01/2022 by Z1 M4N.
Electricity is used to power appliances, refrigerated containers, and various forms of lighting in Project Zomboid. However, after a period of time, the power grid will shutoff and players must find a Generator for providing power to nearby appliances or lights.
See Gas Consumption for further details on different items' usage rates.
- Gas pumps will not function without a power source nearby, consider finding generators for at least one gas station for a steady supply of fuel.
- Burglar Alarms will not be deactivated when the power grid fails.
- Car Batteries can be charged with a Car Battery Charger if they are within the radius of a generator.
- Perishable foods within refrigerated containers across the game world will start to rot, but rotten food can still be used to fill a composter, or salvaged to provide a minor nutrition component to recipes if a player has the sufficient cooking skill requirement to do so.
- Streets and interiors will be much darker without the presence of lights which can make combat more difficult, consider taking a light source and/or the cat's eyes trait for better vision in the dark.
- If the Automated Emergency Broadcast System frequency is found, it's broadcasts can give players an advance warning before the power grid shuts off.