Riverside is a small town in Knox Country, situated on the Ohio River. The town was home to many of the wealthy citizens of Knox Country, with the less fortunate residents living in Scenic Grove Mobile Park, situated on the outskirts. There are also a few small neighborhoods on the outskirts as well. Loot is abundant, with the only major deficiency being firearms.
Riverside is available as a starting location and is situated next to the Ohio River, making it a great area for players who want an adequate water supply and/or fish regularly. Some points of interest in Riverside include a small police station, a hotel, a school, a hardware store, a large Gated community, and various other businesses. It is the westernmost town on the map. Getting to West Point from Riverside is easy, simply follow the road east along the river. Other towns such as Rosewood can be quite a drive away.
Riverside can be divided into two separate districts, the suburbs and the business district.
The suburbs occupy most of the southern area of the town, along with the large Gated community, which takes up most of the eastern side. The houses in the suburbs are middle-class, one story homes. These houses are often the main source of firearms in the town, as the police station is the smallest in Knox Country. The school is located centrally, both in the suburbs and the entire town as well, making it an attractive location to establish a safe house. There is also a GigaMart close by that is capable of sustaining multiple players for at least a week with the food and drinks found inside.
The gated community that occupies most of the eastern side is a treasure trove of loot with not too many zombies to deal with. The large number of houses here make it the best possible location to find rare vehicles, such as the Mercia Lang 4000, Chevalier Cossette, and Franklin All-Terrain, and every house has a garage, which means repair supplies and gasoline is abundant.
In total, there are 70 houses outside the gated community, and 34 houses inside the gated community.
The business district occupies the northern side of the town, and is where the most valuable loot is located. Some of the most valuable areas to loot here are the Nails & Nuts Tool Store, the Liquorty-Split, the Pharmahug, the Enigma Books, and the Time 4 Sport, among several others. Almost every store is located along one stretch of road. The entire district is also on the coast of the Ohio River, which allows for easy access to fishing. All this, in addition to the low zombie density compared to other towns, makes Riverside the easiest to both loot for supplies and survive in the long term.
The outskirts of town also harbor large amounts of loot, especially within the factory and self storage units to the southwest. South of these locations is the West Maple Country Club, which has a significant zombie population with many open areas to fight in, making it an excellent place to train combat skills.
- Riverside is the second lowest zombie population starting town, with only Rosewood having less. Riverside also tends to have significantly more loot than Rosewood. As a result, this town is ideal to start in for new players or those seeking a more relaxed experience..
- It's often considered a bad idea to spawn in Riverside with a firearms-focused character, as the town is lacking reliable gun spawns.
- It is possible to also spawn in Scenic Grove Mobile Park if Riverside is chosen as your spawn location. It is only a short drive from town.
- The helicopter event can be deceptively deadly in Riverside. While there aren't as many zombies in town compared to other towns, the town is small enough for the helicopter to be heard by nearly every zombie in town, especially if the player is centrally located when it spots them. It might be a good idea to skip town in a vehicle if the chopper catches the player unprepared.
Businesses and landmarks
Food & drink
|Dotty 4 Donuts
|Sweet Pea Restaurant
Retail & stores
|Churn R Us
|Ice cream parlor
|Video rental store
|Hair O Genesis
|Nourish Food Mart
|Seat Yourself Furniture
|Time 4 Sport
|Nails & Nuts Tool Store
|Grocery store (Riverside)
|General store (Riverside)
|Several unnamed stores
|(center of strip mall)
|Unnamed clothing store
|Unnamed grocery store
|Back To The Nurture Chiropractic Services
|U.S. Mail Service
|Car repair shop
|Gas N More
|West Maple Country Club
|Riverwood Boat Club
|Scenic Grove Mobile Park
- Riverside's approximate real-world location is at the Monument Chemical Plant in Brandenburg, KY.
The in-game tourist map of Riverside.