Welcome to the Project Zomboid Wiki (PZwiki for short) community portal! The community portal is where the community of the PZwiki can come together to organize and discuss changes to the wiki.
Project Zomboid is still in development and therefore requires continuous updates and support from community volunteers as the game develops.
The PZwiki would appreciate help in any way provided, so long as it follows the basic wiki rules and style guide. If you'd like to make any general suggestions or ask a question, please use the discussion page or join the discussion on the official Discord (pzwiki_editing).
To start editing the wiki, we require that you create an account. If you happen to be having any issues creating an account, please email email@example.com with the email address you tried to sign up with.
The following four sections are designed to help new editors get started on the PZwiki.
You can start contributing the wiki from the following:
- Tasks gives you a list of tasks that you can help with.
- Projects shows the current projects wiki is working on.
- Site maintenance lists articles, templates, files and other pages that need to be fixed, updated, created, etc.
The following list shows pages that the wiki is maintaining. The full list can be found under site maintenance.
Project Zomboid is a vast game with many game mechanics, items, locations and more, therefore organizing our contributors is incredibly important. A project is a community run endeavor where the contributors focus on a certain ideal, rather than having contributors who just come and go and edit whatever they feel like editing. Projects allow us to come together as a community to gather and discuss design decisions, overhauls, or work that needs to be done, prioritizing such matters.
Leaders are people who originally pitched the Projects and are generally tasked with organizing, and maintaining project pages, along with managing contributors. Leaders oversee edits to pages that are within the scope of the project, and generally confer with other leaders and contributors.
If a project has an unassigned leader, you may choose to elect yourself for the position, by posting a message in the project's talk page or on the #pzwiki_editing channel on Discord and wait for a response from other contributors.
- Check-in on discussions
- Contribute to projects
- Help out in general
This is a current list of projects that anyone can contribute to.
|Build 41 Update
|Locations and Maps
|Navigation and Categories
|Seat Yourself Furniture
|Spiffo's Construction Crew
|Recipe Template and Distribution
|Vehicles and Mechanics
|Electricals and Transmission
Administrators are users trusted with access to certain tools on the PZwiki. They are expected to observe a high standard of conduct, to use the tools fairly, and never to use them to gain advantage in a dispute.
If you feel you've been taken advantage of by an administrator, consider sending a message or email to Kirrus and describe the situation to them along with any relevant links.
Please do not email the administrators if it concerns something that can be discussed and resolved on the community discussion page. For any technical issues, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
- February 4, 2024
- Welcome everyone to the summary of the first whole month of 2024! Now that we're deep in 2024, I archived all the 2023 monthly summaries to the 2023 archive, and changed the header names so they refer more to what the news were about.… [Read more]
- January 7, 2024
- So here we are, beginning 2024 with the summary of the last month of 2023 and first week of 2024! Hopefully all of you had a great New Year and great holidays.… [Read more]
- December 3, 2023
- Hello and welcome to the last monthly summary this year, though I hope there's still more changes to come before the year officially closes! A lot has happened during the previous month, so let's get into summarizing all the projects and changes done!… [Read more]