Hello. Seeing that you have been helping mark spam articles, I'm granting you and a few other users admin status.
Use it well, I'm hoping we can help keep the wiki as clean as possible until we can find a more permanent solution. If you need help with anything you can leave a message on my talk page. Thanks. :)
--DUMBELLS 03:03, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
I think I have made a few positive changes to the wiki, how do I receive admin privileges? --Rachealica 08:14, 28 March 2012 (CST)
I am no longer able to delete pages with admin. --Rachealica 05:59, 30 August 2015 (CST)
- Hi Rachealica, I asked Connall to take over as overall manager some time ago so you should try to contact him here or on the Indiestone forum. Admin privileges were reviewed last year and you might have lost them in the process. I also sent him a message. Pianoman (talk) 03:40, 31 August 2015 (BST)
RE: Main "Project Zomboid" article...
It's not about remaking a version history, more like having a main PZ article that could link to the many important pages this wiki has. The wikipedia articles talks about the Hax incident and the Theft incident, something that can tarnish the dev's credibility.
I'd like to write an article that would give PZ a more positive outlook. Give me the go, and off I go. --Vagrant 00:14, 16 April 2012 (BST)
- Give it a shot but remember that in order to tell a complete story sometimes the negative stories need to be addressed. I think Indie stone has made a terrific comeback since last year and overcome the criticisms they received as a result of the the theft. Pianoman 01:03, 16 April 2012 (BST)
Hi! How can I prevent changes from people that aren't logged in?
Thanks to you! In principle, I translate main page (Main Page/es), I don't know if I made some mistake.
How can I put Spanish on languages template?
- Luchots, Template has been updated. Thanks! Pianoman 21:23, 18 May 2012 (BST)
Wow! Well-well... Someone looked mad. Thanks for cleaning it up. My user page is linked on my forum signature, so any idiot can click and edit it. Vagrant 16:46, 15 June 2012 (BST)
Hey Pianoman. I'm the indiestone's sysadmin. I hear you're now the primary admin for the wiki. Can you get in contact with me: email@example.com ? Just like to have a quick chat about the wiki :) Kirrus 13:23, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I've been doing some looking around and have found articles (like this, and this, etc.) where information from old versions is included with up to date information. As I understand it, there are two possible solutions to this problem. The first is the simplest and may be the best, depending on how many people still play the old versions: We leave information for only the current version on the wiki and erase everything else. The drawback is that those who play old versions will not be able to find the information they need. The second option is to create sub pages for each version, and archive the old information while leaving it accessible. A good example of this is on the dwarf fortress wiki (see the top of the page). Drawbacks are that we will need extra pages for each article, inaccuracies in previous versions will not be easily addressed, and it may not even be necessary if nobody plays the old versions.
I would lean toward the first option, because it doesn't seem to me that there is great schism in the community, with a large number of people who prefer old versions. It would require less work from us to get rid of old information rather than archiving it. I feel that it would also be less confusing for new players from steam when RC3.0 is released. Tell me what you think. --DUMBELLS 17:03, 21 May 2013 (BST)
- I like option number one but I think we still need to provide limited wiki support for the demo and possibly rc2.5 at least in the short term. Looking at google analytics for the site the top visits are (of course) the map(s), controls, crafting and items. Maybe limited support means splitting off the old maps to sub pages while keeping the crafting around for those that still play 2.5 and older versions. Other pages like the older guides and orphan pages can be deleted. As usual the other languages will follow along once a native speaker volunteers to make the changes.
- Perhaps then we can see from the traffic if there are still a significant number of people playing the old versions. I expect we can delete most of the older version info once the rollout on Steam takes place but we'll cross that zombie infested road once we get to it. What do you think? Oh, and welcome back :) Pianoman 23:17, 21 May 2013 (BST)
How're you? :) Kirrus 22:07, 23 October 2013 (BST)
- Saw the admin perms, thanks! Don't mind at all. We might be asking for another wiki push, so might have a few new peoples around soon Kirrus 22:43, 23 October 2013 (BST)
Figured I might just add stuff I want to clear under this topic. Anywho was wondering if would be alright to (when I got the time) to delete the links to job pages in http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Occupation and the pages in general and just merge them into the Occupation page. All the job pages are pretty much stubs anyway, so might as well have the info in one seperate location. I doubt there will be a point where the jobs would deserve their own page anyway. - Connall 23:06 12 November 2013 (UTC)
- I'm unable to delete pages since I'm not an admin so here are the links to the obsolete pages now.
- - Connall 00:29 13 November 2013 (UTC)
- Pages deleted. Don't hesitate to ask for help. If I have access and the time I'll try to get to it quickly. Pianoman 00:35, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
- Appreciate it. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with information that is from previous versions of the game, whether to leave them be since they are marked as to which version it is. Or remove them since it's out of date information. Any thoughts on this? Connall 09:50, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
- That has been a problem for a while with all of the releases and the demo being a scaled back version of he latest versions. However, I think with early access we might have crossed a line where we can dispense with the previous release candidates. I am also concerned that there needs to be support for the demo as long as it differs from the current version. I have to leave for work now but you may want to pose the question to Kirrus on his talk page and if he is interested in my opinion he can see this note. Pianoman 14:22, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
- Hey. Personally, I'd say just support the demo and current version, it's too much work to try to keep on top of every version, especially since the game is still under heavy development. Kirrus 16:41, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
- That's what I'll do then. It's for the best anyway the conflicting information is a pain in the ass editing wise and makes me second guess whether a page needs updating or not. Connall 18:29, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
So... How you doing? Connall 23:06, 15 November 2013 (UTC)
- I'm fine. You're doing the heavy lifting. How are you doing? Love what has been done with the frequently asked questions in particular. It was created in 2012 but I have not seen the admin responsible for it since shortly after that. Pianoman 02:04, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
- I'm good. No page can escape from my almighty scrutiny! Yeah, glad there's now a sort of Ultimate FAQ. Took a bit of time doing all the formatting but all worth it I think. So I'm just slowly working through all the pages one by one, whistling a little tune to myself. Connall 12:24, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
- Creeping through the back door are you? :P - Connall 17:00, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
Hi Pianoman i got some problems with my submits. When I was adding some new recipes to Template:RecipeLookup, i missed some brackets ]] behind the second item, and when I wanted to fix this I couldn't submit the fixed version. So, could you first revert the template to the last working version (00:05, 17 November 2013 Minic90) or (copy the code from Template:RecipeLookup/de), and then explain me why I'm unable to submit/fix it myself.(after i press the button, it loads for 5sec, and then i get a white screen) Thanks -.- Minic90 15:16 17 November 2013 (UTC)
- Minic In the end I copied the RecipeLookup/de to the english template. Hope that helps. I checked some of the scripts we have set up to prevent edits that appear to be vandalism and nothing you did caused a red flag that I can see. The page also does not have any special protection. I did notice when I logged on that the site was having some problems with slowdowns and I received an error screen. Could be a server hiccup that hit you? Pianoman 21:13, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
- Who knows, but its working again ^^ I instantly added 7 new recipes(removed 1 dublicate) and its working fine. Because of the new overview on Template:RecipeLookup and with the new "Index-Categories" its really fast and simple to add new recipes and use them.
Happy New Year!
My master, I can't work out how to get Korean added to the languages templates properly. Please, share with me your wisdom.
.. In plain text, I've added Korean to Template:Languages and Template:Languages/doc, but no matter what I do, it's not showing up properly on the Main Page. Can you tell me I'm missing? Kirrus (talk) 02:06, 15 August 2015 (BST)
- Thanks although it will scare you to learn I had to stare at the screen for a minute before remembering how to get rid of the spam. I remember having problems adding languages. I will try to look at it tonight and see if it comes back to me and let you know. Pianoman (talk) 03:16, 15 August 2015 (BST)
- I don't know if I fixed the issue, let me know - I found that the on the language template page the korean word that had been inserted translated to "main page" rather than "korean". Pianoman (talk) 07:12, 15 August 2015 (BST)
Main Page Sandbox
Since you seem to have the bot issue under control for now, can I have your time to review the main page sandbox, I'll be sending a similar message to Kirrus and Connall for feedback.
Feel free to throw some feedback. The current main page is currently locked up due to several phrases such as n.umber and such preventing a update without removing elements of the page. We've had to lose the page counter for the meantime until the issue is resolved. I've also entered the navigation table, and separated articles by category.