Have something to discuss? Add a new topic or edit an existing topic below.
- 1 Minimum System Requirements?
- 2 Template RecipeLookup
- 3 Uploading a new version of an image
- 4 Hey Vaileasys
- 5 Item distribution grammar
- 6 Plurality in item descriptions
- 7 Hunger info in nutritional information
- 8 Berries with a negative nutrition value
- 9 Hi
- 10 Thanks!
- 11 Redirects change link text
- 12 Food in the build 41 project
Minimum System Requirements?
- No idea what you're asking. That's got nothing to do with me. System requirements are indicated at the point of purchase.
Hey, thanks again for your help. What do you think about this:
Yeah it looks good. I was thinking of doing something similar earlier.
By the way, you can add your signature using the tilde key
Timestamp alone: 18:05, 14 May 2018 (BST)
- Vaileasys 18:05, 14 May 2018 (BST)
Uploading a new version of an image
I'm having trouble with that ^
That's a common issue. Your browser saves the image to speed up load times of frequently visited webpages.
All you have to do is refresh the cache by hitting
F5 if you're using chrome.
See this article for more info: Bypass your cache.
EDIT: It will also take a while for the new image to appear in the file history, I've noticed it usually takes about an hour. I can only assume that's to give admins an opportunity to remove any inappropriate uploads before they're released to the public. - 07:02, 15 May 2018 (BST)
- Vaileasys 06:56, 15 May 2018 (BST)
- Hey. Actually, we've got a cache system in front of the servers, which upside, lets us not pay a tonn of money for hosting. Downside, images take up to an hour to appear. So, win some, loose some! On a different note, @Vaileasys, can you drop me an email; email@example.com please, would like to have a quick chat :) Kirrus (talk) 23:47, 15 May 2018 (BST)
Item distribution grammar
I've noticed that on the pages which include an item's distribution, every word in each container is capitalized (e.g. "Male Corpse", "Clothing Rack"). Is this correct, or should only the first word of each be capitalized?
- Capitalisation has been an issue for a while. My rule of thumb is to have any item (or object) name written the same as it is in-game, unless it's part of a sentence. I've been using the Minecraft style guide and other game wikis as a reference. The whole capitalisation thing is still a bit blurry, so if you suggest having it a particular way, we can add it to the PZwiki:Style guide (which by the way should probably be "Style guide").
- - Vaileasys 06:55, 14 July 2018 (BST)
Plurality in item descriptions
- I'm on board with making that change. The only issue I have with it is if the item name is plural, such as grapes, which would have to be: grapes, rather than a grape. So I'll add something to the PZwiki:Style guide that mentions to use the singular form of an item, unless the official display name is plural. By the way, feel free to fix any grammar on the PZwiki:Style guide, just be sure that any changes you make are clear and concise with little to no ambiguity.
- - Vaileasys 11:25, 15 July 2018 (BST)
Hunger info in nutritional information
Besides the ones I've edited, several non-perishable items describe the bonuses to hunger and unhappiness given by the item under the section heading "Nutritional information", such as this one. However, this same information is repeated in the page's infobox, which is right next to the section. Would it be alright to continue removing the sentences and reserve that section for the Calorie information? (This does not apply to perishable food due to those having different hunger amounts based on the food's freshness.)
- Yeah go for it. I'll be coming through all the food pages and updating them to the new layout and infobox at some point anyway.
- - Vaileasys 07:05, 26 July 2018 (BST)
Berries with a negative nutrition value
On the recipes page Recipe_Ingredients under the Food-in-Recipe Values/ Fruit, ONLY the berries show negative values (-10/-15). Should this be changed, or is there really something complete different with berries in PZ? I know it's confusing, because PZ Wiki is quite inconsistent with "hunger" and "hunger reduction" and in this case it even adds one more term: "Food-in-Recipe Value".
BTW: at the mushrooms page there is the phrase "Adding a Poisonous Berry as an ingredient...". Shouldn't it read "a poisonous mushroom"?
- Sorry about the delay, haven't had the chance to do much on the wiki lately. I've gone ahead and fixed those. If you come across any more issues like that in the future, feel free to go ahead and change them to what you believe they should be. Leaving a brief summary will be enough.
I'm ?!X!?. My real name is Dove. I have read the about section, privacy and the disclaimers section to learn more about this website. Is there anything else that I need to know? Are there any more pages for me to read? If so, I will read them. I have never played this game before, so I know nothing about the project's main focus on this game. But, I do know how to edit wikis and stuff like that. Even though I may never play this game, I can still learn about the game and study everything that I may need to know, like watching YouTube videos on the game, if necessary. I have to admit, I am not a gamer, well, I am, but I only play non-violence games such as anything related to LEGO. Great wiki anyway and I can't wait to be part of this community. Who is in charge of this site? Who is the creator of this site? I'd like to say hello to them! --?!X!? (talk) 22:16, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
- Hi ?!X!?, I'm happy to see someone new. I'm the one that frequents the wiki the most, making the majority of major edits/changes. I'd recommend joining the Discord server, which is where we communicate the most (in the pzwiki channel). In there you'll easily be able to contact 'Connal', the wiki manager, and 'Kirrus', the server manager. I'd also recommend having a read of the style guide and community portal if you haven't already.
- - Vaileasys (talk) Wiki Administrator 02:11, 6 February 2020 (UTC)
- No problem. I'm a person... I mostly just fix articles these days, i.e. keep things neat, consistent and accessible. Thanks for contributing to the wiki. If you need anything, feel free to ping me on the community discord https://discord.gg/0lGvMrCiUWbasJFh or message Vaileasys#6215 - Vaileasys (talk) Wiki Administrator 10:12, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
Hey Vaileasys, I've noticed something going on around the Wiki across many articles. If you look at my most recent change on Survivor, you'll see what it is that I mean. Perhaps there was a discussion on whether or not to change it to do this that has taken place, but personally, I've seen it do more harm than good (but I guess I don't really remember it without.)
I guess I'm not necessarily asking for it to be changed, just to potentially see a discussion about it. I just don't know where to do that :(
- Hi Thing II,
- That was changed with the last update to the MediaWiki software (approx. 2 years ago now), it wasn't an intentional to my knowledge. I plan to bring it up with Kirrus during the next software update. Personally, I prefer it the way it was prior to the update, and is what everyone would be used to from other wikis.
- - Vaileasys (talk) Wiki Administrator 09:08, 11 April 2021 (BST)
Food in the build 41 project
Hey there! When checking the build 41 update project I realized there is no food on the list! Considering several food got added to the game recently (Which are articles I'm currently working on, but they need formatting and obtaining of several textures) I believe it would be an important topic to cover, so maybe you can add it to the list of the project. Currently working in the shrimp and oyster articles, was doing some testing this morning, I have several screenshots.
Thank you in advance
- Sure! I'll add it shortly. Not sure on the list of foods. But I'll see what I have. - Vaileasys (talk) Wiki Administrator 09:08, 6 March 2022 (UTC)
Hello, thanks for adding the food list! However, may you add the following? I've noticed that peas, dried black beans, dried chick peas, dried kidney peas, dried lentils, dried split peas and dried white peans are missing. Also, an article for Oysters already exists, but it is named oyster. May you add a redirect to it?
Thank you for all your help, and thanks in advance!