Have something to discuss? Add a new topic or edit an existing topic below.
Hey, thanks again for your help. What do you think about this:
Yeah it looks good. I was thinking of doing something similar earlier.
By the way, you can add your signature using the tilde key
Timestamp alone: 18:05, 14 May 2018 (BST)
- Vaileasys 18:05, 14 May 2018 (BST)
Uploading a new version of an image
I'm having trouble with that ^
That's a common issue. Your browser saves the image to speed up load times of frequently visited webpages.
All you have to do is refresh the cache by hitting
F5 if you're using chrome.
See this article for more info: Bypass your cache.
EDIT: It will also take a while for the new image to appear in the file history, I've noticed it usually takes about an hour. I can only assume that's to give admins an opportunity to remove any inappropriate uploads before they're released to the public. - 07:02, 15 May 2018 (BST)
- Vaileasys 06:56, 15 May 2018 (BST)
- Hey. Actually, we've got a cache system in front of the servers, which upside, lets us not pay a tonn of money for hosting. Downside, images take up to an hour to appear. So, win some, loose some! On a different note, @Vaileasys, can you drop me an email; email@example.com please, would like to have a quick chat :) Kirrus (talk) 23:47, 15 May 2018 (BST)
Item distribution grammar
I've noticed that on the pages which include an item's distribution, every word in each container is capitalized (e.g. "Male Corpse", "Clothing Rack"). Is this correct, or should only the first word of each be capitalized?
- Capitalisation has been an issue for a while. My rule of thumb is to have any item (or object) name written the same as it is in-game, unless it's part of a sentence. I've been using the Minecraft style guide and other game wikis as a reference. The whole capitalisation thing is still a bit blurry, so if you suggest having it a particular way, we can add it to the PZwiki:Style guide (which by the way should probably be "Style guide").
- - Vaileasys 06:55, 14 July 2018 (BST)
Plurality in item descriptions
- I'm on board with making that change. The only issue I have with it is if the item name is plural, such as grapes, which would have to be: grapes, rather than a grape. So I'll add something to the PZwiki:Style guide that mentions to use the singular form of an item, unless the official display name is plural. By the way, feel free to fix any grammar on the PZwiki:Style guide, just be sure that any changes you make are clear and concise with little to no ambiguity.
- - Vaileasys 11:25, 15 July 2018 (BST)
Hunger info in nutritional information
Besides the ones I've edited, several non-perishable items describe the bonuses to hunger and unhappiness given by the item under the section heading "Nutritional information", such as this one. However, this same information is repeated in the page's infobox, which is right next to the section. Would it be alright to continue removing the sentences and reserve that section for the Calorie information? (This does not apply to perishable food due to those having different hunger amounts based on the food's freshness.)
- Yeah go for it. I'll be coming through all the food pages and updating them to the new layout and infobox at some point anyway.
- - Vaileasys 07:05, 26 July 2018 (BST)
Berries with a negative nutrition value
On the recipes page Recipe_Ingredients under the Food-in-Recipe Values/ Fruit, ONLY the berries show negative values (-10/-15). Should this be changed, or is there really something complete different with berries in PZ? I know it's confusing, because PZ Wiki is quite inconsistent with "hunger" and "hunger reduction" and in this case it even adds one more term: "Food-in-Recipe Value".
BTW: at the mushrooms page there is the phrase "Adding a Poisonous Berry as an ingredient...". Shouldn't it read "a poisonous mushroom"?