Idea for the food table
Instead of what we have now, how about something like
I'm not sure how, but I think we would be able to make those rows sortable.
- I like it.The instructions for sortable tables should be here - http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Sorting Pianoman 13:36, 15 June 2012 (BST) PzAdmin
- Hm. Seems that you can't make a sorter from a non-top cell... I'll look into it now. Kelenius 17:01, 15 June 2012 (BST)
Idea... Kelenius 17:22, 15 June 2012 (BST)
|A lucious red apple that can lift any survivor's hopes.||Normal||-30||-||-||-||No|
|A rotten red apple.||Rotten||?||?||?||?||Yes|
With different rows for every condition? Kelenius 17:22, 15 June 2012 (BST)
- That's a possibility. Once I get some "work-at-home" stuff done I'll see if I can take a closer look at the wikimedia instructions. Tables always seem to be one of the most difficult aspect of the wiki unfortunately. I've considered converting to the newest version of the wiki software but it will have to be for a very compelling reason because until I have more experience I will be afraid of totally screwing it up. Thanks! 22.214.171.124 18:01, 15 June 2012 (BST) PzAdmin
Compiling missing list
I'm currently compiling everything that is missing in this wiki. Don't know if someone else might of started this as well. I'll share my results when I finish in the morning. --Connall (talk) 00:01, 22 November 2013 (UTC)
- I've compiled the list of what's in the game files but not in the wiki.
- Normal Items: [removed], [removed], Baking Tray, [removed], [removed], (Advanced, Expert and Mastery Carpentry), Farming books Same as cooking, Corn, leek, grapes, dough, dough rolled, Baking tray bread, Open Can of :beans, Pumpkin Pie, Peanuts, Bucket Concrete, Gravel bag
- Camping: Kindling, Stone, Knotted Wooden Plank, Flint, Flint & Steel, Tent, Bacon Rashers, Bacon Bits, Mayonnaise, Vegetarian Potato Salad, Potato Salad, Boring, simple, Tasty Salad.
- New Items: Cube, Mirror, String, Toy Bear, Wire, yoyo, Spiffo, Berry, Berry Poison Ivy, Purse
- I'll work on adding these tomorrow. If anybody does more work before then please add it into discussions. --Connall (talk) 00:12, 23 November 2013 (UTC)
Do not add pages for items unless you can prevent them from being stubs.
Pretty self explanatory, I'm going through and deleting stub pages since they serve no purpose that the table of information for items couldn't already communicate. If you create a page, be sure that you will be able to prevent it from being a stub before doing so, or it will become nominated for deletion. --Connall (talk) 15:49, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
- Perhaps create a section called Uncooked meals? Or if Salad has enough options just make salads it's own subcategory. --Connall (talk) 12:35, 24 January 2014 (UTC)
Un-build-able building pieces
I think some section for all the building pieces that can not be constructed by the player (such as the many different doors, winodws, and walls as well as different fences, ground types, trees and things like that) could be useful. Maybe not with current mod free PZ but with map editing (which if I recall correctly will be added to the default game eventually and is currently possible through mods) it could be very useful. I don't know, maybe quite a bit of work for what it is worth, but I think it could be useful.
- Support documentation for modding is something I want to add in the future, but I feel the wiki should be generally be in a better shape before we start tackling something like that. I won't stop people from doing it though, however I would argue (more for mapping than scripting) its actual worth. --Connall (talk) 13:08, 26 July 2014 (BST)
Proposal: Item Pages
So as of right now, if you flick over to the dedicated pages for items of the wiki you'll probably notice a couple of things. Mainly a lot of red links for items and some redirecting back into the items page. This ain't particularly stellar as of right now, so I'm going to be proposing an idea that was actually brought up a while ago. If I'm not mistaken, it was done by Crazy ManMan and at the time I was not particularly fond on the idea. Not sure why, I just let it fester and die.
The idea of it is to have multiple items in one page. Technically we have a page on the wiki that already does this: http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Skill_Books
If you want another example, one of the Minecraft wiki pages shows what we would be going for: http://minecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Rose
With this method it would mean that we wouldn't have to worry about stub pages too much and actually have some decently fleshed out pages for items. The layout would probably work out to have some basic information about the item plus one of the info boxes for the item. We wouldn't have code on the page (we phased it out a while ago, but code still remains on some items pages.) We would still have some dedicated item pages and for now, in order for the item to qualify for a dedicated Item page is if it's used or is the result of crafting in Project Zomboid. Should this be to wide of a net, we might reduce the pages to comply with what I've just been proposing. I would prefer to get some feedback before setting this in stone. Should the overall response be negative, we'll pull the proposal and consider the matter closed. We're going to have split discussions here and on the TIS forums as well. So you can choose which to respond to, if you wish to respond at all.
Look forward to hearing some thoughts. :D
--Connall Project Zomboid Wiki Manager 15:14, 19 September 2014 (BST)
Approved. --Connall Project Zomboid Wiki Manager 19:30, 22 September 2014 (BST)