|Occupation||Programmer for The Indie Stone|
Kees "TurboTuTone" Bekkema, often abbreviated to just Turbo, is an official coder for The Indie Stone's Project Zomboid from the Netherlands. Turbo first discovered Project Zomboid while it was still available on Desura, prior to its release on Steam in 2013. He entered the spotlight among the community as a modder after releasing his Erosion mod in November of 2013. The mod immediately caught traction within the community and eventually, Turbo joined The Indie Stone to integrate his mod into the main game in September of 2014.
Shortly after integrating and expanding upon his Erosion mod in the main game, Turbo was officially announced as a member of The Indie Stone's dev team, in December of 2014. He first began integrating TV and radio channels prepared by Will Porter.
Turbo is currently in the process of finalising his new weather, climate, storms and fog system which is being released with build 40. Going forward, Turbo is expected to return to working on 'electronic systems', likely including the usability of CD players and VHS tapes.
- Project Zomboid - About Us. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- Erosion - Nature takes over. The Indie Stone Forums. Theindiestone.com. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- Porter, Will (29 September 2014). Turbo Boost. The Indie Stone. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- Porter, Will (1 December 2014). Turbo to the Finishing Line. The Indie Stone. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- Released: Weather Test Build. The Indie Stone Forums. Theindiestone.com. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- Whatever happen to VHS/VCR and recording from the TV?. The Indie Stone Forums. Theindiestone.com. Retrieved 21 July 2018.