|Language:||English • 日本語|
|Update name||Animation Overhaul|
|IWBUMS release||October 16, 2019|
41.29 • 41.28 • 41.27 • 41.26 • 41.24 • 41.23 • 41.22 • 41.21 • 41.20 • 41.19 • 41.17 • 41.16 • 41.15 • 41.14 • 41.13 • 41.12
|◄ Build 40|
Build 41, also known as The Animation Overhaul, has been titled as such due to its major overhaul of the entire animation system. Plans for this new system has been made known to the public since mid–late 2015. Specialists were brought in to help out with some of the larger technical challenges in late 2018, and then went on to improve and build on the system to make it simpler, more reliable, better suited for MP networking and more easily moddable. Whilst this new system was being developed, the main development team continued to work on new features, with the most notable being vehicles (build 39) and weather (build 40). Whilst the development of the animation system appeared to be slow, this update has been the largest change to the base code in all of Project Zomboid's development, with the second being the addition of vehicles.
Along with the new animation system, the update will also include new player models, weapons and tools (models), skills, clothing, a new/updated combat system,
gamepad/controller improvements (moved to build 42 due to technical issues), two new challenge maps, reflective and animated water and dynamic puddles.
- 1 Changelogs
- 1.1 IWBUMS Build
- 1.1.1 IWBUMS Build 41.37
- 1.1.2 IWBUMS Build 41.36
- 1.1.3 IWBUMS Build 41.35
- 1.1.4 IWBUMS Build 41.34
- 1.1.5 IWBUMS Build 41.33
- 1.1.6 IWBUMS Build 41.32
- 1.1.7 IWBUMS Build 41.31
- 1.1.8 IWBUMS Build 41.30
- 1.1.9 IWBUMS Build 41.29
- 1.1.10 IWBUMS Build 41.28
- 1.1.11 IWBUMS Build 41.27
- 1.1.12 IWBUMS Build 41.26
- 1.1.13 IWBUMS Build 41.24
- 1.1.14 IWBUMS Build 41.23
- 1.1.15 IWBUMS Build 41.22
- 1.1.16 IWBUMS Build 41.21
- 1.1.17 IWBUMS Build 41.20
- 1.1.18 IWBUMS Build 41.19
- 1.1.19 IWBUMS Build 41.18
- 1.1.20 IWBUMS Build 41.17
- 1.1.21 IWBUMS Build 41.16
- 1.1.22 IWBUMS Build 41.15
- 1.1.23 IWBUMS Build 41.14
- 1.1.24 IWBUMS Build 41.13
- 1.1.25 IWBUMS Build 41.12
- 1.1 IWBUMS Build
IWBUMS Build 41.37
Date: May 12, 2020
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.37
- Prevention for prone zombie heads clipping through walls and obstacles: Falling and prone zombies will now slide away from walls.
- Added guitar case/flight case
- Added a "Delete All" button next to "Loot all" button for trash can/bins, click this will permanently delete items from the container (there's a confirmation dialog before deleting them).
- Made many previously unmovable objects movable: benches, bunk beds, carpets, canopies, spiffo's tables, bar stools, counters etc.
- Added "Resume normal speed when timed actions complete" Accessibility option. (Once a timed action is done (reading book, cooking, crafting..) it'll auto-cancel fast-forward.
Canceling a timed action via ESC will cancel fast forward.)
- Added CounterOverlays.lua which add Mash's random open cupboard doors and file-cabinet drawers.
- Helmet attacks change:
- Before zombie attacks make your helmet fall and also you get a hit.
- Now if the helmet fall, that's it, current attack won't connect, only the next one.
- Controller Improvements:
- Added loot-window context-menu commands when using a controller:
- Turn microwave and stove on/off.
- Show settings ui for microwave and stove.
- Turn clothing dryer and clothing washer on/off.
- Deleting items from trash cans.
- Changed the controller shoulder buttons to both affect the currently-highlighted inventory or loot window.
Previously, the left shoulder button would select the next container in the inventory window, while the right shoulder button would select the next container in the loot window.
Now the left shoulder button selects the previous container in the currently-highlighted window.
- Added loot-window context-menu commands when using a controller:
- Bag Improvements:
- Experiment with not creating a new inventory item when a bag is equipped to or unequipped from the hands.
- Split "masking" animation state into "maskingleft" and "maskingright" to fix a bug with holding a bag and a flashlight.
- Bags can now be chosen to be held in left or right hands
- No longer does the jaw-stab RaiseHand animation when a bag is held in the left hand.
- Fixed weapon on the back being placed as if a backpack was worn, when the backpack is carried in the hand.
- Removed transitions from maskingleft and maskingright animation groups.
- Ripping clothing now have a chance to gives thread (depend on tailoring skill & size of the item).
- Can now consolidate thread (if you have multiple used thread, right click the stack to merge them together)
- Lowered chance of having the toilet paper house. The Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
- Reduced damage done to the car's engine when ramming zombies without hood.
- Added Machete to some missing recipes (slice food, create spear...).
- Increased fishing line spawn rate.
- Fixed lack of lighting on water.
- Fixed vision cone angle not updating for zombified players.
- Fixed lua error updating the hotbar after a player dies.
- Fixed untranslated strings in the tailoring ui and generator info ui. Added translations for makeup categories and types to MakeUp_EN.txt.
- Fixed not being able to open double doors.
- Fixed applying make up increasing your weight.
- Fixed bandit road story appearing before 30 days in the apocalypse.
- Fixed lunch box being set as "Medical" (only for loot chance).
- Fixed double "red lipstick" option.
- Fixed "Unpack" appearing for items outside of bags.
- Fixed being able to swing while in fast forward.
- Fixed alice bags in primary hand being wrong.
- Fixed player standing up when getting hit by a zombie while sitting.
- Fixed zombie pushing player when biting him.
- Fixed some missing translation (thanks Narnika!).
- Fixed typo in survival guide.
- Fixed the player's view cone being much brighter with the Short Sighted trait.
- Fixed reload animations not playing when sitting.
- Fixed ISCharacterInfoWindow sometimes updating after the window was closed.
- Fixed makeup being applied when closing the makeup ui without clicking Apply.
- Fixed zombies thumping short metal fences.
- Fixed an exception when a zombie destroys an object on a chunk that was unloaded.
- Fixed the foraging ui not handling Organized and Disorganized traits properly.
- Fixed the Take Screenshot key not working when certain windows were displayed
- Fixed lua error when a splitscreen player presses the X button driving a vehicle.
- Fixed context-menu tooltips for some actions being displayed (or not) in splitscreen.
- Fixed Unusable Wood appearing twice in the barbeque Add Fuel menu.
- Fixed the player not turning to face a barbeque when displaying the info ui.
IWBUMS Build 41.36
Date: April 29, 2020
Forum IWBUMS Build 41.36
- Increased dirt on character.
- Fixed some recipes not being able to use the new garden saw.
- Fixed exceptions due to missing eye-shadow textures.
- Fixed the makeup ui not working with different-sized fonts.
- Fixed the makeup ui not working with a controller.
- Fixed the Lua debugger Errors ui not showing exceptions in one case.
- Fixed occasional Lua error when right-clicking on windows.
- Fixed odd position of bags on the ground when dropped from hands.
- Fixed Blooo (again again again) by making the default DisplayName for items is now the Module.Type of that item, making it easier to debug.
- Fixed the "leg kick" when performing some timed actions (eating, smoking, etc).
IWBUMS Build 41.35
Date: April 28, 2020
Forum IWBUMS Build 41.35
- Experimental bag holding:
- Bags now show on character's hands (primary/secondary) instead of only on back.
- Added make up:
- You need either a make up foundation, make up eyes shadows or lipstick.
- Make up available will depend on the type you selected. (Will be changed so it'll check for every make up material in your inventory.
So if you have lipstick but click on makeup foundation you'll see lipstick make up in the list)
- You also need to be in front of a mirror or have a mirror item in your inventory.
- Clown, Skull, Brave heart, multiple lipstick & eyes shadow color...
- Experimental lighting changes
- Vision cone is 25% darker.
- Lamppost lighting are way brighter to counter this.
- Increased character's lighting to counter balance the darker vision cone.
- Changed how car damage is done when hitting a zombie:
- Before almost no damage were done at low speed + no damage when going in reverse.
- Now it does, while it's quite low damage at low speed, quickly hitting zombies in chain will start to ramp up the damage done.
- If the hood is destroyed, some damage will be done on the engine.
- Tires can now get hits by hitting a zombie too.
- Increased damage done to headlights when hitting zombies (those things were invincible!).
- Added Dirt/Grime.
- The mask is intended for character, but i'm also using it for clothing, making dresses/skirts not having lots of dirt, will ask Mash to update the mask.
- The shaders could use some more works, specially when on clothing.
- Works kinda like blood.
- Random dirt will be added on zed at creation (more the later in the apocalypse).
- For character:
- Running or sweating add dirt on your character, slowly getting to your clothes the more dirty you are.
- I also need to add some acions adding more dirt (shoveling, gardening..)
- Being in trees will add dirt directly on your clothing.
- Falling add also dirt.
- Clothing item can now have more than 1 extra option.
- All bandanas can now be tied the normal way, rambo style or put on face.
- Added bandana with random tint.
- Added new bandanas to zombies outfit.
- Added new vehicle story: Bandits on road, couple of crashed cars, few corpses and some zombies (with bandits with a high chance of having firearm attached to them!).
- Only appears at after a month of survival.
- Police blockade car stories have a chance of having the siren lights turned on.
- Added tile property "IsMirror" and added it for every type of mirror in game (for makeup).
- Updated hair textures.
- Updated bag textures.
- Nerfed smashed bottles condition lower chance.
- Synced open-window sound effects with the animations better, and try to prevent duplicate sound effects.
- The player now attacks repeatedly while the controller triggers are held down, instead of once when released.
- Can now right click the equipped item icons on the left (primary or secondary) to bring up context menu.
- Increased Paint Can uses from 4 per can to 10.
- Increased health of constructed metal walls.
- Guns that spawn on zombies have now more chance to have bullets/clip
- Increased magazines spawning rate.
- Stop getting strength xp from pushing trees (this ain't minecraft yo)
- Fixed tab panels not displaying the left/right scroll buttons in some cases (i.e., in the crafting ui with larger font sizes or many tabs).
- Fixed the mousewheel not scrolling the tabs in the options ui.
- Fixed the health panel not always being wide enough to display all the text in it.
- Fixed the temperature debug ui not resizing vertically with different-sized fonts (horizontal resizing needs doing).
- Fixed model.offset, model.rotate and model.scale not being applied to vehicle-wheel models.
- Fixed Sandbox not defaulting to Apocalypse instead of Survivor.
- Fixed the existence of the "Post Processing" display option (shaders are no longer optional)
- Fixed missing recipes for the new flashlight (aka Hand Torch).
- Fixed non-passive skills only gaining a single level when more than one could be gained (due to a high sandbox XP multiplier).
- Fixed not being able to attack sometimes when holding torch/umbrella.
- Fixed character not raising in hands when ready for a jaw stab.
- Fixed Double Metal Doors using same recipe as Double Wooden Door
- Fixed crafting Metal Roof not consuming any Scrap Metal
- Fixed"Put out Fire" resulting in decimal point values for Campfire fuel times
- Fixed Metal Roof not requiring use of Propane Torch and Welding Rods
- Fixed translations for hotbar slot names not being used in some places.
- Fixed some missing translations in the inspect-clothing ui's context menu.
- Fixed police barricades and traffic cones that are added at runtime not being interactive (can't be hit by cars or picked up).
- Fixed reset of the "NeedMasking" variable.
- Fixed mannequins spawning with inappropriate outfits
- Fixed no hair growth on female characters.
- Fixed "Blooo" item appearing inside character's inventory sometimes. (Blooo came back :'( )
- Fixed missing blood textures on weapon models when they're attached to the player's back or belt.
- Fixed beard color not appearing in character info avatar panel.
- Fixed bags in hands not being hidden when doing actions.
- Fixed sometime unequipping a bag wouldn't remove it from equipped models.
- Fixed right hand duffel bag being considered as left hand.
- Fixed duplicating bags when falling after vaulting a fence.
- Fixed vaulting fence fall not happening for every type of vault over.
- Fixed makeup will now be removed after washing yourself.
- Fixed handtorch model not being shown when dismantling torch (previosly was CDPlayer).
- Fixed hidding weapons when doing actions.
- Fixed being able to cancel attack a ranged shot/racking.
- Fixed being stuck in aiming when shoving while shooting.
- Fixed some drag & drop weirdness while having a bag equipped.
- Fixed arms wobbling while holdings bags & running.
- Fixed color not being saved when dropping a bags on the floor.
- Fixing context key always dropping heavy items.
- Fixed numerous holding bags mask blend/snapping.
- Fixed snap and wobbling while running with a bag.
- Fixed pressing shift while being idle moving the arm while holding bags.
- Fixed pressing space while running not registering the shove immediatly but only when you stopped running.
- Fixed icons of new item when using extra option being erased (bandana was never changing its icon for example).
- Fixed some mirror not working for make up (they were attached sprite & not new object).
- Fixed having injuries on left arm affecting combat speed.
- Fixed book store cash register having books in it instead of money.
- Fixed incorrect umbrella icons.
- Fixed police & some other specific outfit not spawning with weapon attached to them (pistol on police for example).
- Fixed seeing bags during sit on ground & opening windows.
- Fixed an exception in OpenWindowState.exit() when the lock breaks.
- Fixed GameServer.SpawnRegions not being initialized.
- Fixed ISWeatherChannel bug on the server.
- Fixed old map_p.bin savefile code being called on the client.
- Fixed room lights being possibly twice as bright as before. Only exterior lights are possibly twice as bright now.
- Fixed some blending issue with holding bags.
- Fixed Uniform zombie distribution not putting zombies in places with zero intensity in the spawn image.
- Needs to be rebuilt on Linux and Mac.
- Fixed the UI font being scaled after viewing a map in some languages (i.e. Russian). Changing the Language in the Display options reloads the UI when not in a game.
- Fixed holes in clothing disappearing after patching a hole twice.
- Fixed Lua error reading a skill book twice. Skill books should probably use DisappearOnUse=FALSE instead of being replaced with an identical item via ReplaceOnUse.
- Fixed metal grates over windows not blocking zombies when they come before the window in the list of objects on the square.
- Fixed corpses being a lot darker than zombies. Model lighting was changed in commit 4216.
- Fixed Lua files being reloaded when the Display language wasn't changed.
- Fixed vehicle models being lit from the wrong direction by lampposts etc.
- Fixed exceptions sometimes being thrown when the Model.Render.Lights debug option is used (accessing IsoGridSquare from the render thread).
- Fixed overlapping text in the item-spawner debug ui.
- Fixed music "drama" never going down.
- Fixed player textures being recreated every frame, tanking the framerate.
- Fixed the player taking damage and dropping equipped items when climbing over railings onto stairs.
- Fixed issues with the player dropping hand-held items after tripping or dying.
- Fixed dropping items outside the inventory and loot windows being blocked by hidden parts of collapsed windows.
- Fixed some player skills increasing each time a Last Stand Accumulator player is loaded
- Added priority parameter to per-bone anim sorting. The mix is now sorted by: Layer, Priority, Weight
- New field, int m_animBlendPriorities. Reusable array used to for sorting tracks by priority.
- Updated function updateMultiTrackBoneTransformsInternal to include Priority in the sorting algorithm.
- New field, int m_animBlendPriorities. Reusable array used to for sorting tracks by priority.
- Minor refactor to improve readability.
- New utility functions give access to source AnimNode values:
- New utility functions give access to source AnimNode values:
- New variable, m_Priority
- New function, getPriority()
- Added extra api documentation to various fields.
- updateNodeActiveFlags updated to pass through priority value.
- No longer repeatedly calling LiveAnimNode.getSourceNode. Using new encapsulated utility functions instead.
- New variable, priority.
- Removed workaround to "AttackVariableX". Values of 0.01 and 0.99 are now whole values of 0 and 1.
- Removed unused function: ensureEnoughLayers.
- AnimZed v1.7.5.01
- New field added to AnimNodePanel, Priority. Ranges from 0 to 10. Defaults to 5.
- Lower numbers means animations are pushed higher up the stack.
- Updated 1HDefault.Priority to 4 instead of default(5).
- Fixes odd snapping when transitioning out from 1-handed aim-attacking while holding an umbrella.
- Fixed incorrect bone re-bindings for character's clavicles.
- Using "Bip01_X_Clavicle" instead of "Bip_X_Clavicle"
- Added warning to console if bone re-binds are not valid.
- Added toString overrides to AnimBoneBinding, AnimBoneBindingPair, and SkinningBone.
- Added function: indent
- Indents all lines in the supplied text.
- Allows us to specify what to indent the first line with,
what to indent all non-first lines with,
what to use as the newLine string (eg. "\n", "\r\n", or anything else, like "newLine: ")
- Allows us to specify what to indent the first line with,
- Indents all lines in the supplied text.
- Added function: indent
- Default overload uses System.lineSeparator,
- does not indent the first line,
and indents all non-first lines with a tab character.
- does not indent the first line,
- Added AnimStateNameTable
- New classes: GenericNameTable, NameTableEntry, and AnimStateNameTable.
- The generic table provides all the functionality of an index-name, name-index table.
- Thread-safe, using locks for adds/removes/modifies.
- NameTableEntries have a name, and can have an index. Defaults to -1 until specified otherwise.
- NameTableEntries notify their parent table when their name/index change, keeping the table consistent.
- Initial implementation not wired up to Networking nor AnimStates, yet.
- AnimLayers now sync to their parent
- Each layer keeps the sync node and track cached.
- Each sub-layer checks their parent for the cached sync node+track.
- If none is found, then it uses its own.
- ie. Bob_Anim_Bags now syncs to the root Bob_Anim
IWBUMS Build 41.34
Date: April 9, 2020
Forum IWBUMS Build 41.34
- Added a full decay for zombie corpses:
- they go from stage to stage until disapearing totally (they can become skeleton before disapearing)
- Adjusted melee anims. Added a new slow when swinging (only when going backward) for 2 handed, 1 handed & knife
- Added visible wounds on character (not done the lower body parts yet).
- Can now remove visible blood from health panel debug menu.
- Added new vehicle stories
- Added fuel timer to campfires and other fuel items
- Added ability to tie the bandana RAMBO style (will also be added with a ripped sheet soon).
- Added ability to use bandana as a mask
- Removed long press of E to remove keys from car's ignition.
- Added ability to hold umbrella
- Added ability to hold a torch/flashlight in your hand
- Added Garden Saw.
- Added a Loot Generator UI in debug context menu to track loot spawns better
- Added cruise control:
- Press Shift + W to start/increase it, Shift + S to decrease its speed. Breaking will stop the cruise control (Shift + W to resume it to its set speed).
Accelerating won't break it, after you release accelerator speed it will be resumed to set cruise speed.
- The controller X button toggles vehicle cruise control on/off.
- Holding the controller X button and pressing D-pad up/down changes cruise-control speed.
- Press Shift + W to start/increase it, Shift + S to decrease its speed. Breaking will stop the cruise control (Shift + W to resume it to its set speed).
- Stealth improvements:
- Increased range for jawstab of some knives.
- Player will raise their left hand if close enough to jaw stab.
- Added jawstab from behind (player & zombie).
- Hair dyes:
- Added hair dye (regular color will be found in bathroom, some others in a hair salon).
- You can dye your hair & beard separately , just right click the hair dye bottle.
- Added "Font Size" Display option.
- Fonts are loaded from 1x/ 2x/ 3x/ and 4x/ media/fonts/XX/ language-specific subdirectories, if present.
- Tweaked junk and clutter loot (increased them, added new loots in there)
- Increased painkillers active time.
- Lowered flashlight weight from 2 to 1.
- Added option to Wash clothes with a full Bucket/Cooking pot and Soap in inventory
- Weapon magazines are now affected by Ranged weapons sandbox loot modifier option.
- Buffed the current flashlight, the handtorch is a lighter version of the current flashlight.
- Battery now weight 0.1 instead of 0.6.
- Increased torch/battery spawn rate.
- Fixed day/night active zombies sometimes sprinting when they should be inactive.
- Fixed zombie spawn in large structures like the mall
- Fixed Bare Hands counting as a favorite weapon in non-English languages.
- Fixed mannequin rendering bug (related to the weather fx mask).
- Fixed spawn buildings being randomized.
- Fixed exception when the item type specified by ReplaceOnRotten doesn't exist.
- Fixed not releasing vehicle database memory properly in rare cases when exiting a game.
- Fixed being able to turn during fall down anim.
- Fixed zombie auto turning toward player when close killed.
- Fixed (AGAIN, AGAIIINNN) having to wash 'Blooo' it
- Fixed fishing with the fishing net trap not giving experience in fishing skill.
- Fixed leaving Winter is Coming game resetting the Winter timer
- Fixed metal Floor requiring 0/0 Welding Rods and Blow Torch uses
- Fixed occupational outfits spawning on mannequins
- Fixed Scrap Metal not being used when building fences
- Fixed problem with masking female character's hair.
- Fixed multi hit sandbox option being turned on for challenges.
- Fixed models with capital I not loading when using the Turkish locale.
- Fixed player not finishing turning around before climbing through a window that is behind him/her.
- Fixed missing BreakSound on some weapons.
IWBUMS Build 41.33
Date: March 20, 2020
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.33
- Fixed case of missing decals
IWBUMS Build 41.32
Date: March 12, 2020
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.32
- Map and crafting window can now be closed using ESC
- Fishing with a spear has new SFX
- State changes now respect partial consumption of foods
- Ropes can now be used as sheet ropes
- Targetting system now prefers shooting targets closer to the player's z-level.
- The door-lock icon in the vehicle dashboard is now drawn in yellow if some (but not all) doors are locked.
- Synced zombie thumping animations with the thump impact on doors and windows (except the window-rubbing animation, which doesn't have an impact).
- Placed Wire in the metalwork-menu tooltips with the other materials, instead of under the skill level required.
- Sandbox options with non-default values are highlighted
- Added aiming at floor when you're aiming at a zombie on ground (only works when static for now, strafing will be the same) for every weapon.
- Added talkie walkie static models.
- Added ability to attach walkie-talkie on the belt having seen how awesome it is in Planetalgol's mod. (Check out his stuff!)
- Balanced all weapons range/angle, some weapons were missing angle (meaning you could hit from a 90° angle), some range were way too big.
- Better bones masking for melee attacks, hips will now be included, so the melee attack will feel less weird.
- Can now uppercut/overhead attack while moving.
- Zombies will now thump a car with siren/alarm on, siren will eventually get destroyed by thumping zombies.
- Added corpses removal default settings in SP: After 9 days a corpse will either disapear or transform into skeleton (skeleton will then disapear 9 days later).
- If you're able to hit a zombie, you won't hit any thumpable, doors, windows, etc.
- Zed fence/window behaviour improvements:
- Zombies won't always do their lunge attack even if they can.
- Player will not 100% fall on the ground, but do a dice roll depending on stats to check if he falls or not, if not, they'll slightly lose his balance.
- Fixed zombies trying to lunge on a different Z levels player.
- Added missing weight in calcul for some chance to fall during certain actions.
- Fixed too much range sometimes on the zombies fence lunge attack.
- Fixed missing transition from shove to bump.
- Fixed fence-lunging and window-lunging zombies lateral movement being restricted.
- Nerfed backstabbing:
- Before there was a 100% crit chance with knife when backstabbing, now it will occurs only if the zombie is unalert
- The crit chance for other weapons during backstab is lowered if zombies are alert, but greatly increased if unalert
- Populated many chunks with forage zone via a code solution:
- Forest zones are automatically added to allow scavenging in areas where such zones haven't been placed by the mapper.
- These zones cover exactly one chunk.
- These zones are always of type Forest, never Deep Forest.
- These zones aren't saved.
- A chunk must not be part of a Nav zone or a Town zone, or an existing Forest or Deep Forest zone.
- Automatic Forest zones require all neighbouring chunks to have trees
- Clothes can be washed without soap but it takes much longer
- Lacerations can now be bandaged with dirty rags
- Increased nutritional value of caught fish
- More loot in sewing boxes.
- More canning equipment in kitchen (jars/jar lids)
- More painting materials in crates.
- Increased fingerless gloves spawn rate.
- Added more loot to the junk table
- More clutter in kitchens.
- More loot in sheds (mechanics stuff, saws etc)
- Map Fix:
- Bathrooms with toilets facing each other
- Doubled up shelves/counters
- Accidental additional walls
- Missing windows
- Missing doors
- Missing lightswitches
- Incorrectly placed furniture
- Fixed Mildew Spray not being pourablr on the ground
- Fixed Tall Fences and Log Walls not being part of cutaway system
- Fixed tile with a wall from an intersecting wall not fading away with cutaways
- Fixed incorrect timed action on chopping down tree with axe
- Fixed floors built on water being invisible.
- Fixed rendering floors above water on z > 0.* by tim
- Fixed errors loading lua files from mods.
- Fixed issues with hoppable seats placed next to walls - transparent walls and jump through-able walls
- Fixed fence-lunging zombies hitting players in vehicles
- Fixed "Choke Tube Full" making the Shotgun unusable (it set the MinAngle to 1.0).
- Fixed sandbag and gravelbag sprite changing to a burned wall when burned
- Fixed Character.Debug.Render.AimCone rendering (the angles were wrong)
- Fixed save folders and game modes not matching the English UI labels.
- Fixed the order of Blow Torch and Welding Rods in metalwork tooltips changing depending on availability.
- Fixed vision through windows by adding the transparentN/transparentW flag to all window sprites
- Fixed the player clipping through tall fences while climbing over.
- Fixed the player not going over a tall fence when starting the climb from too far away.
- Fixed fake-dead zombies not counting as "on the ground" when running over them with a vehicle.
- Fixed the player shouting when honking the horn when the Shout key is the same as the Vehicle Horn key.
- Fixed VehicleCrash1 and VehicleCrash2 sounds not being defined in sounds_vehicle.txt.
- Fixed some keys not working after viewing an annotated map.
- Fixed missing Stash_MarchRidgeMap6_Text3 translation.
- Fixed the JOIN button not being greyed out in the main menu (changed by Zac).
- Fixed not being able to attack zombies through see-through carpentry doors (i.e., chainlink gates).
- Fixed zombies sometimes facing odd angles when thumping doors and windows.
- Fixed wrong angle calcul when aiming at zombies on ground.
- Fixed skill magazines not being removed from inventory when used as fuel for barbeques and fireplaces.
- Fixed quick stomp when shoving zombie to ground + shove after killing a zed with stomp.
- Fixed fences door being more resistant than fences.
- Fixed zombies crawling through walls and fences when lunging at the player, after climbing through a window or over a fence.N
- Fixed zombies getting stuck in the grace period of AttackState after the player dies (standing with their arms outstretched).
- Fixed the context menu sometimes being placed too far away from the hotbar.
- Fixed the zombie population renderer not showing buildings in the right column and bottom row of cells.
- Fixed player getting double attacks sometimes due to bAimAtFloor switching while an attack animation is playing.
- Fixed, hopefully, the Wash'Bloooo' bug.
- Fixed sandbox options "attack block movement" not working.
- Fixed some weapons (revolver, dbl barrel shotgun..) jamming when they should not.
- Fixed media/textures/patches/patchesmask.png getting loaded on the wrong thread.
- Fixed not being able to drop individual parts of multi-part furniture items (like beds).
- Fixed the zombie "stutter" when going in a room while they're chasing you.
- Fixed Sack not being empty (with items inside it) being used to take dirt/sand/gravel.
- Fixed red veteran shirt having purple color.
- Fixed one of the generic outfit of zeds (one with the long leather jacket) always having white trousers.
IWBUMS Build 41.31
Date: March 4, 2020
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.31
- added radio OnDeviceText passes the parent (IsoObject,Item,VehiclePart) for modding purposes
- adjusted blend in and outs for strafing and some melee states (fix for weird looking hitting animation like the rolling pin
- Increased damage done to fences.
- Fixed zombies shoving you when dead.
- Fixed zombies shoving after you hit them.
- Fixed zombies hitting through walls.
- Fixed frames where zombie was considered not "on floor" during a fence or windows lunge attack
- Fixed zombies being able to attack you at different Z level when doing a windows/fence lunge.
- Fixed lack of zombies in prisoner outfits at the prison.
- Fixed (again) blob corpses.
- Fixed carpentry not consuming materials.
- Fixed short wooden carpentry fences not being destroyable by vehicles and zombies.
- Fixed jail-cell walls blocking vision.
- Fixed null pointer bodydamage catchacolddelta
- Fixed multithreading bug with physics debug rendering.
- Fixed toxic buildings throwing exceptions when zombies are inside.
- Fixed vehicles running in building making them toxic until it's polished up again
IWBUMS Build 41.30
Date: March 2, 2020
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.30
- Spiffo's Secret Special Sauce. CONTENT [INITIALLY] REDACTED:
- Fences and windows exploit:
- Small fences now break if there are too many zombies piling to avoid "fall, insta-kill" exploit.
- Some zombies may lunge at you over windows/fences, staggering or tripping you.
- Fences and windows exploit:
- Zoom improvements:
- Used the same zoom levels with the not-double-sized textures as are used with the double-sized textures. This is mainly to allow zooming in further with the not-double-sized textures.
- Fixes to non-diamond floor sprites' tile seams.
- Fine-tuned padding to 0.5% at Zoom <= 1, and 0 when zoomed out.
- Cleanup of sprite shapers.
- Added WallOverlay property to some trailer sprites to fix seams (not completely fixed).
- Added is-floor property to two flat trailer-roof tiles to fix seams and lighting.
- Fixed missing flags on a couple of floor tiles to fix seams and lighting.
- Revised Iso sprite padding to reduce overlap and minimize seams.
- Changed the way texture filtering is selected, for better aesthetics at all zoom levels, and minimal visual artefacts while in motion.
- When zoomed all the way in, the filter used is Nearest-neighbor for that crisp, pixelated look.
- When zoomed less than 100%, the filter used is Bilinear, for a smoother appearance and no visual artefacts
- When zoomed out beyond 100%, the filter used is TriLinear, also known as Linear MipMap, for smoother appearance and less pixel shimmering.
- Fixed edge-tile seam artefacts on shorelines.
- Cutaway improvements:
- Player made walls now display walls, windowframes, doorframes on north and west when build it on Z>0.
- Timer now stops cutaways and other visibility/hiding effects flickering
- East walls from character on Z=1 levels now work correctly
- Polished animations when working on vehicles:
- Fixed character angle snapping when opening the hood.
- Play an animation before the mechanics window shows (while examining the vehicle).
- Play animations when adding/removing gas. Display the gas can model in the player's hand when using one.
- Play animations when installing/uninstalling parts.
- Increased the time to install/uninstall tires.
- Ensure the player is facing the vehicle before smashing a window.
- Temperature system improvements
- changed room temperatures to be more accomodating until heating/cooling devices are introduced
- fixed bug where bodyheat would sometimes prevent clothes getting wet in the rain
- reinstated food consumption for combatting teh cold, but decreased impact severely
- toned down other consumption of fatigue and fluids, tho fluids still remain a strong factor when overheating
- changed energy impact on thermoregulation to be less harsh when energy still is high but worsening as energy depletes.
- changed core celcius recovery faster when trend is moving towards setpoint
- changed bodywetness having a slightly stronger impact on heat gain/loss
- changed capacity weight factor on energy produced stronger as capacity nears max, negligble when low
- reworked and finetuned some parts of thermoregulator
- removed hunger effect of Thermoregulator in favor or increased calories intake.
- Vehicle/Player DB
- Players are now saved separately from vehicles.
- Players are saved in a file called players.db. Vehicles are still saved in vehicles.db.
- The hitching when entering unexplored parts of the map (when new vehicles are created) should be fixed.
- Added a cursor to choose squares to remove blood from.
- Multi stage build now show a plank in player's hand when building.
- Added pouring water with watering can (for farming eg).
- Take fuel from gas pump now use an animation.
- added debug panels for radio system to monitor all channels, broadcasts, scripts etc including their settings
- Zombies now can't bite you mid-air while climbing tall fences/wall, but can make you fall.
- Added sewing kit texture.
- Smashed bottle is now a stab weapon, won't do damage to door or trees anymore.
- Sync the sound and action of racking a rifle with the animation better.
- Added a note in a gun's tooltip when it requires racking to chamber a round.
- Allow corpses to face arbitrary angles instead of being restricted to one of 8 different angles.
- Changed the "wash yourself" animation.
- Now possible to recover and repair a weapon used in Spear creation
- Increased chance to hit ranged weapon when zombies are really close.
- Sprinter zed attacks now slow the player down.
- The controller B button toggles sprinting on and off.
- Increased time to heal some wounds.
- added ability to remove grass and wind effect that appears on street cracks
- added notice "Needs to be turned off." when trying to pickup moveable that cannot be picked up when operational (BBQ)
- added DeviceData getEmitter for modder purposes
- Increased spawning of cigarettes on zombies.
- Zombies can now spawn lighter, matches & digital watches.
- Increased various metal working related items spawning rate.
- Increased mouse trap, gardening spray spawning rate.
- Chainlink fences are dismantlable, giving MetalBar and Wire items.
- Fixed sprinter zombies running through the player.
- Fixed crashes on some intel systems due to the unused includes on floorTile.frag not playing nice
- Fixed the clothing dryer being plumbable (removed waterPiped property).
- Fixed race condition leading to an exception when starting up the game.
- Fixed pistol spawning without a magazine in the last stand challenges.
- Fixed lot_barn_03 which used an old dirt tile (floors_exterior_natural) and had the flat part of its roof on the wrong level.
- Fixed fishing line always breaking when catching something.
- Fixed foraging action not auto-repeating if nothing had ever been found in that area.
- Fixed which animation plays when taking dirt/gravel/sand with a Trowel.
- Fixed bottom-right quarter of the screen not being painted black with three coop players.
- Fixed broken spear remaining in the secondary hand after it breaks while fishing.
- Fixed some "require xyz failed" error messages.
- Fixed water-related rendering exception.
- Fixed zombies breaking and climbing through the metal-grate-covered windows at the mall.
- Fixed lighting on floor blood splatters again.
- Fixed the rake animation (used when cleaning blood with a mop) only affecting upper-body bones, and not looping.
- Fixed the forage animation only affecting upper-body bones.
- Fixed AxeMan trait not affecting animation speed when fighting or chopping trees.
- Fixed saw logs not defering lower bones.
- Fixed grab items (right click on item -> grab) not using any animation.
- Fixed lua exception when a zombie's clothing is destroyed by a player's attack.
- Fixed vehicle headlights starting too far in front of the vehicle.
- Fixed overlapping text in the inspect-garment ui.
- Fixed players and zombies moving through doors/walls/windows/windowframes when climbing over obstacles.
- Fixed zombies getting stuck inside an object adjacent to the one they climbed over (they can only climb over one obstacle).
- Fixed players climbing through windows over obstacles and then onto water.
- Fixed obstacles being solid when placed adjacent to carpentry windowframes, unlike non-carpentry windowframes.
- Fixed the Riverside hotel swimming pool having sand around the edges.
- Fixed missing ParkingStall zones in cell 33,36.
- Fixed some TownZone not being Nav zone in cell 33,36.
- Fixed (again) player getting stuck aiming after their weapon breaks.
- Fixed custom object tooltips (such as the farm-plant tooltip) being rendered dozens of times each frame.
- Fixed a bit of lambda-related garbage creation in StateMachine.
- Fixed not being able to 'clean' dirty bandages/rags with contaminated water
- Fixed sandwich giving extreme amount of boredom when using bread that's still fresh but will turn stale in less than 1d 12h
- Fixed clothes instantly becoming "slightly dirty" after just being washed
- Fixed some walls & cars giving you 0% bonus when sneaking behind them.
- Fixed ClimbThroughWindowState bug with zombies.
- Fixed molotovs disappearing if the attack is cancelled.
- Fixed exception when climbing over a fence with fire nearby.
- Fixed players catching on fire when inside a vehicle.
- Fixed not being able to rack a gun with a magazine if no round is chambered already.
- Fixed not being able to repeat-fire rifles from vehicles.
- Fixed racking handgun/revolver/shotgun (added rackBullet event)
- Fixed random corpses always facing the same direction.
- Fixed some story-based corpses clipping with furniture.
- Fixed see-through floors blocking vision to other levels.
- Fixed rendering issues by changing Muldraugh trainyard buildings so the upper levels are considered rooms (cells 38,32 38,33 and 39,33).
- Fixed not being able to interact with doors and windows behind the player using the controller A and B buttons,
as could already be done using the E key.
- Fixed overlapping debug text in the health panel.
- Fixed incorrect dirt tiles in the Muldraugh soccer field in cell 35,33.
- Fixed VehicleType static tables not being recreated after reloading lua files.
- fixed automated broadcast generating frequencies that werent being able to be tuned in manually
- Fixed corpses or zombies spawning when they should be disabled (on vehicle or house stories)
- Fixed the player ending up inside a solid object after falling backwards while climbing through a window with a zombie on the other side.
- Fixed hard-coded use of "Zombies/Male Pain" FMOD event name instead of using a script-defined sound.
- Fixed mannequins facing the wrong way.
- The application's main thread is now the RenderThread. Previously, the render thread and game thread were started
and then the application's main thread would exit. Now there is no separate RenderThread. This was a change I already made on the lwjgl3_upgrade_2 branch. Apparently MacOS requires the window be created on the application's main thread, so I'm not sure why that hasn't been a problem before.
- Create texture mipmap data on the asset-loading threads instead of on the render thread.
- Tried to reduce the long delay after clicking "Click to continue" the first time.
IWBUMS Build 41.29
Date: February 5, 2020
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.29
- ZOOM beta merged in - crisper visuals and improved performance for low spec systems
- Added a cursor to help select which tree to chop down.
- Added a horde manager UI in debug
- Added sandbox options "Vehicles Story event chance"
- Removed damage from driving over small trees and bushes.
- Reduced the slow-down from driving over small trees and bushes. (May be one or two types we've missed)
- Tiny saplings no longer make you fall when sprinting.
- Updated community translations.
- Made lighting on dropped weapon and hat models less bright.
- Fixed some strangeness on older Macs with the new models (Apple crew! Please report in! Do we have you back?)
- Fixed cutaways failing on NW wall corners.
- Fixed issues with cutaway system failing completely sometimes.
- Fixed lua error taking a key from a killed zombie.
- Fixed zombies getting updated after being removed from the world.
- Fixed not being able to attack prone zombies if there is a zombie standing nearby behind a closed door.
- Fixed the aiming outline not appearing sometimes.
- Fixed timed action stop() method being called if the action was interrupted during waitToStart().
- Fixed the missing patio floor in the Riverside restaurant.
- Fixed collision detection with trees and bushes.
- Fixed some typo (Tshirt -> T-Shirt).
- Fixed tailoring XP exploit when removing patch multiple time.
- Fixed "Tiered zombie updates" option not saving.
- Fixed garbage creation related to clothing item lookup
- Fixed scavenge and fishing Cancel buttons doing nothing after the first action finishes.
- Fixed scavenge and fishing layout with different-sized fonts.
- Fixed north-west corner tiles not cutting away.
- Fixed off-center chop-tree indicator image.
- Fixed ISEquipWeaponAction not completing immediately if the weapon is already equipped.
- Fixed the render thread calling AnimationPlayer.getRenderedAngle() in some places. Added pooling of AnimationPlayer objects.
- Fixed controller issues in the foraging and fishing ui.
- Fixed vehicle save issues by doubling the size of the ByteBuffer used to save vehicles from 64KB to 128KB.
- Fixed IsoZombieGiblets never being removed from the square they are on.
- Fixed closed curtains not being visible from the outside.
- Fixed being able to click on curtains to open/close them from too far away or when outside buildings sometimes.
- Fixed iso cursor being visible when using a controller.
- Fixed the player getting stuck in the aim animation if the weapon breaks while attacking.
IWBUMS Build 41.28
Date: January 30, 2020
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.28
- Experimental optimization. This allows zombies to be updated every X frames via a per-object gametime multiplier that depends on proximity / visibility to player. It spreads update ticks of zombies over frames, meaning higher FPS with large crowds.
- Accompanying the above, added 'tiered zombie update' options (enabled by default) that will update zombies at a distance / out of sight less frequency so hordes will be better fps.
- Some fixes to address attack cancelling. Let us know how it plays.
- added Automated Emergency Broadcast radio channel
- Made rain a bit softer, and when indoors cut alpha in half
- Added option to disable rain indoors completely
- added multiplier option for text remaining visible radiochannels
- added computerize scrambler to zomboid radio
- Updated community translations.
- Improvements to Foraging UI:
- Now displays a list of items found, with their textures.
- UI is more transparent.
- Cancel button now only cancels the current action.
- Added a close button to close the UI.
- Improvements to Fishing UI
- Now uses same UI model as Foraging
- You can select rods/lures
- Can select bags to put caught fish in (as with Foraging).
- Increased sneak bonus when behind certain fences
- Fixed lua error pressing the Craft All button when items are in bags.
- Fixed a rounding error that prevented items with 0.1 weight being moved in multiples.
- fixed RuntimeException when having Campfire going inside of a building
- fixed RuntimeException when picking up TV
- fixed InvocationTargetException when picking up a Barbeque that is burning (bbq can now no longer be picked when burning, too hot)
- fixed NullPointerException + Game crash after driving from WestPoint to Muldraugh (RVSContructionSite)
- fixed Fastforward through Helicopter event causes to go on for a couple of days
- Fixed being stuck when the fishing rod break while fishing.
- fixed night color not being applied
- fixed open doors cutting weather mask when not visible
- Fixed inconsistency with where items are dropped depending on whether the item was dragged from the inventory window, dropped via the context menu or Drop button, or automatically dropped (for equipped corpses).
- Fixed the loot window not updating when corpses are dropped sometimes.
- Fixed the inventory and loot windows placed at the bottom of the screen being in a different location after reloading, if they were resized to less than the default height.
- Fixed being able to rip clothing that requires scissors if other clothing is selected that doesn't require scissors.
- Fixed roofs not keeping the player dry if there aren't enough walls to make a room.
- Fixed garbage creation related to clothing item lookup.
- Fixed scavenge and fishing Cancel buttons doing nothing after the first action finishes.
- Fixed scavenge and fishing layout with different-sized fonts.
IWBUMS Build 41.27
Date: January 15, 2020
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.27
- Reverted (for now) the attack cancel fix while we work out a more elegant solution for next week's patch.
- Added missing Melee Movement Disruption option to sandbox options.
- Changes to Foraging UI:
- Fixed some typos.
- Forage Action wil now continue until you stop it or the zone is empty.
- Show current zone's loot abundance
- Only one instance of UI can be opened.
- Lowered amount of stones found.
- You can now select one of your equipped bags to directly drop foraged items into. If bag is full, it will go into main inventory, or ground.
- Fixed items in bags not being used when doing carpentry.
- Changed "Drop items near square center" default to false, so items are dropped under the player's feet as before.
- Fixed not being able to click on carpentry containers to display their contents in the loot window, if the container was more transparent due to being in front of the player.
IWBUMS Build 41.26
Date: January 14, 2020
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.26
- Revamped mod system:
- Updated the Mods screen. The mod description is displayed for the selected mod on the right side of the screen, instead of in the list of mods. Other details such as the ID, Workshop ID (if any), installation directory, and any posters are displayed on the right.
- mod.info can have multiple poster= lines to specify multiple images in the Mods screen.
- mod.info can have multiple description= lines which add to the total description.
- The New Game screen has a button to choose which mods are enabled for the new game.
- Each savefile has its own list of mods saved in a file named mods.txt. mods.txt also has a list of map folders that is used in cases where parts of different maps overlap each other.
- The Load Game screen displays the map folders and mod names used by the selected savefile. Since old savefiles do not have a mods.txt file, all currently-enabled mods are used when loading an old savefile. After loading an old savefile for the first time, the mods for that savefile cannot be changed, except by editing or deleting mods.txt. The old Zomboid/mods/loaded.txt file has been replaced by Zomboid/mods/default.txt. This file contains the default set of enabled mods that will be used when creating a new game. The default mods can be overridden when creating a new game in the New Game screen. default.txt also contains the list of map folders that was previously saved in options.ini (the old "mapOrder" setting that was used to deal with overlapping maps). If there are no map-overlap conflicts, this list of map folders is empty.
- Added bBeingSteppedOn IsoZombie GameVariable to test if a player (or zombie) is standing on a prone zombie. Originally I was going to use this to prevent fake-dead zombies turning over when the player is standing on them.Prone zombies won't stand up if another zombie is standing on them.
- Changes on character creation:
- Can now save/load outfit (clothing, m/f, name)
- Can now select texture when item using multiple texture but no colors (jeans comes in 3 colors, but a random one was choosen everytime).
- Tweaked washing clothes at sinks:
- Clothing is washed one item at a time.
- Items are washed in order from least-bloody to most-bloody when Wash > All is chosen.
- Context-menu tooltips display the required amount of soap and water.
- The correct amount of soap and water is used.
- Added a display option to specify which modifier key used in combination with the mousewheel cycles between containers in the inventory and loot windows. The default is Shift.
- The "Walk To" context-menu command displays a cursor to specify the location to walk to. This allows the player to click multiple times without having to choose the "Walk To" command again, making long jaunts through forests easier.
- Items are now placed onto an adjacent not-full square when dropping items on the ground. This is needed since the loot window displays items from the surrounding 3x3 squares, and each square can only hold 50 weight.
- Added an option (under Accessibility) to drop items near the center of the square the player is standing on, rather than exactly where the player is standing, for neat freaks.
- Items now transferred from lightest to heaviest, to maximize the number of items that will be transferred.
- Animation now plays when transferring items between main inventory and equipped bags.
- Vehicle-headlight distance and intensity are based on the part condition instead of being randomly set when the vehicle is created. Headlight width is also based on part condition. The Focus Up and Focus Down context-menu commands which changed headlight width were removed.
- Updated community translations.
- Added a nag panel that pops up the first time the user tries to access the Mods screen.
- Added the word "ERROR" to the little red box of doom.
- Zombies can now have random bandages (bloody!) on them, thanks Captain Australia on reddit for the idea!
- Overlays updated
- Limited the forces applied to vehicles when driving over corpses to prevent liftoff.
- Added sewing kit (icon pending) to kitchen loot table, this contain needles/thread and few strips to fix clothing.
- Added mouse trap in kitchen random distributions.
- Forbid building barbed wire fences without a connecting fence post or barbed-wire segment.
- Color palette at character creation now doesn't heavily favors shades of pink and green over others.
- Flint knife now has crafting recipe
- Now possible to recover and repair a weapon used in Spear creation
- Stomp with fractured thigh/shin/foot now affects stomping accuracy
- When stomping on multiple zombies, player now chooses the one whose head is closest. Previously, the distance to the zombie wasn't considered, other than being in stomping range.
- Allow the player to drop items while moving, to avoid unfair deaths
- Changed Screws weight to match Nails.
- Changed IsoGameCharacter.maxWeight from Integer to int.
- Reduced the damage to headlights from hitting zombies.
- Added more attack prediction for the standing/on ground zombie detection.
- Moved Tailoring perks from Survivalist to Crafting sub category.
- Changed Flint knife to Stone knife (using a sharped stone).
- Increased Digital Watch spawning rate.
- Lowered chance of some helmet removals.
- Can now attach meat cleaver to the belt.
- When a car spawn in zed stories (police, fireman..) key of the car can be find on one of the zombie spawned with it.
- Lowered general condition of car spawning in house stories.
- Renamed Key in House keys.
- House key can now spawn in kitchen counter.
- Fireman in burnt house stories now spawn a firemen vehicle.
- Added Drink from pot anim.
- Can now use the Stone Knife in various recipe (cutting animals, fish, creating stake...)
- Some changes on Foraging UI:
- Foraging now doesn't close the UI.
- Added progress bar on the UI when foraging.
- Items gathered will be displayed on the right.
- Can now filter on "fish baits".
- Animals filter still get all the fish baits too.
- Worms can now be found at level 0.
- [Bug] Can't see character through some objects
- Can't see inside of a house through a window facing top-right
- Cut-away walls plop back up when trying to open a window, even when unsuccessful.
- Hide the eaves on roofs when entire building is hidden/transparent
- Player made walls not display walls, windowframes, doorframes on north and west when build it on Z>0.
- Wall cut away system not hiding enough of player-made walls
- Wall cut out issue when near window
- Fixed advantages give through cancelling attacks (IMPORTANT: If you prefer playing with the ability to walk while attacking zeds (kiting), then this is possible by disabling Melee Movement Disruption in Sandbox options)
- Fixed player animation lockup when gun breaks after firing it.
- Fixed blob corpses in McCoys and Prison zones.
- Fixed a reused zombie's animation blending in from the previous one it was playing before the zombie was removed from the world.
- Fixed the wrong HurtSound being played for zombies after male/female swap.
- Fixed reversing over corpses not playing a sound.
- Fixed bunch of bugs in Fixing Generator (perks wasn't taking in calcul, also now gives electrical exp.)
- Fixed snapping in farming actions due to wait for turning to finish before playing the animation
- Fixed the player taking damage from heavy loads when resting, sitting or sleeping.
- Fixed vehicles taking fall damage each time they were loaded. It didn't happen every time, possibly only when two vehicles were touching.
- Fixed issues with targeting windows and shooting zombies through windows.
- Fixed failing to load models with capital I in the filename using the Turkish language.
- Added 'world' attachments to more weapon models so they are centered and lie flat in the world.
- Fixed zombies farther away than 10 squares having a negative chance to spot the player.
- Fixed not being able to build barbed-wire fences in one direction.
- Fixed zombies thumping fence posts.
- Fixed fake-dead zombies sometimes appearing naked until the player gets close.
- Fixed no wait for turning to finish before starting ISBuryCorpse.
- Fixed inventory items displaying the timed-action green highlight after actions finish.
- Fixed the player continuing to move while sleeping somtimes.
- Fixed lua error after clicking Continue after the last-played savefile has been deleted.
- Fixed Flashlight not being consumed from bags or on the ground when crafting Lamp-on-Pillar.
- Fixed battery status not being preserved when installing a radio in a vehicle. Changed ConditionMax from 10 to 100 for radio items that can be installed in vehicles.
- Fixed not being able to remove a clothing patch without having patch material in inventory.
- Fixed clothing tooltip using the wrong player in splitscreen.
- Fixed mod IDs for deleted mods not being removed from mods/default.txt, resulting in them being added to mods.txt for new games.
- Fixed texture-filtering issue that affected scrollbars and the debug console sometimes
- Fixed being able to drink from a Washing machine
- Fixed not being able to put a corpse in a grave without a shovel
- Fixed fresh, frozen ice cream having negative boredom / happiness values for some inexpiable reason
- Fixed Hats held in char inventory (not worn) also becoming wet/soaked
- Fixed translations for new game modes not being used in Load Game ui and post-death text.
- Fixed zombified players not standing up due to other zombies standing on them.
- Fixed game-mode translations not being used in a few places.
- Forbid digging graves above ground level. People could put dirt on a roof then dig a grave in the roof.
- Fixed dragging items from a bag to the floor not unpacking them first, as was done when clicking the Drop button.
- Fixed military fences being climbable when facing south or east.
- Fixed new bandage items being added each time the game is loaded, resulting in bandage models not being removed.
- Fixed higher engine quality lowering the chance of starting a vehicle.
- Fixed colder weather increasing the chance of staring a vehicle.
- Fixed vehicle engineQuality sometimes being less than zero or greater than 100.
- Fixed rendering of lightswitches, shelves, and other objects that are on the south or east side of a square. This also fixes rendering of doors that swing open the opposite way of most other doors (double-doors in Westpoint Gigamart and church for example).
- Fixed placement of sheets on doors that open the opposite way from most other door
- Fixed cutaway outline for window frames that have no window (such as carpentry window frames).
- Fixed not being able to build doors on a square a player or zombie is standing on.
- Fixed metalwork not using items on the ground.
- Fixed metalwork not equipping a non-empty Blowtorch if an empty Blowtorch is equipped.
- Fixed non-empty bags being allowed but not being used when doing carpentry (creating a rainbarrel for example).
- Fixed Torch and Rope items on the ground not being allowed when creating Lamp-On-Pillar.
- Fixed tooltips blocking mouse movement over context menus.
- Fixed properties of some light switches (attachedE, attachedS).
- Fixed properties of some overlay sprites in tiledefinitions_overlays.tiles.
- Fixed clothing on zombies and on the ground not getting wetter in the rain.
- Fixed unnecessary reading of directory contents when looking for mod.info files. This slowed down activating mods for the first time.
- Fixed water effects animating while the game is paused.
- Fixed lua error when creating a splitscreen player.
- Fixed player being able to walk through compost bins by making them solidtrans
- Fixed characters pathfinding through Lamp-on-pillar by making them solidtrans
- Fixed log walls not being transparent like tall fences. (not LOS transparency)
- Fixed the savefile picture not updating after playing then quitting to the main menu.
- Fixed DebugOptionsWindow being taller than the screen sometimes.
- Fixed being able to sneak run/sneak run low when having foot injuries.
- Fixed making stakes not giving woodwork exp.
- Fixed being able to remove battery while the car engine was running.
- Fixed drink from bowl. (drink from pot anim is coming!)
- Fixed drinking from popcan having timing issue.
- Fixed duplicate bandage models and body-damage models being applied to zombies sometimes.
- Fixed a zombie snapping upright after hitting it after it climbs over a counter. A zombie will still snap upright if it is hit while it is still on the counter.
- Fixed replaceOnUse/replaceOnDelete not setting favorite is the previous item was favorite.
- Fixed destroying stuff not having a calories modifier.
- Fixed riverside garage missing their loot table.
IWBUMS Build 41.24
Date: December 20, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.24
- Added zombie turn alerted
- When climbing through a window and a zombie blocking it making you fall back into the house, zombie will emit a sound so you know it's there.
- Can now shoot at windows (they'll be highlited if in range/direction).
- Zombies now won't get up if a player is standing on top of them.
- Game now detects when zombies have been walking-on-the-spot for several seconds, then stop moving.
- Groups of zombies attacking vehicles now coorindated better to avoid them endlessly walking into a vehicle they can't possibly reach.
- Added prediction for melee combat. If you're attacking a zombie that is lunging toward you, we increase virtually the range of weapon to detect an attack, this should make the "miss" animation play way less often when you actually will hit the zombie.
- Drivers now look behind them when the vehicle is moving in reverse. This fixes players not being able to see the vehicle they are in when reversing into unseen areas. Drivers and passengers may look around by holding the Aim key or the controller right-stick when windows aren't opened.
- Control-mousewheel now cycles between containers in the inventory and loot windows when the mouse is over the items list.
- Quality-of-life improvements to taking dirt/gravel/sand.
- The most-full bag is chosen automatically from inventory (and in backpacks) instead of having to choose one from a submenu.
- A cursor is displayed for picking locations to take from. This allows the player to click four times in a row to fill one bag, instead of having to right-click and choose the same action four times from the context menu.
- Quality-of-life improvements to pouring dirt/gravel/sand.
- The cursor displays a green or red outline to make it easier to see.
- The first non-empty bag is chosen automatically from inventory (and in backpacks) instead of having to choose one from a submenu.
- Reduced damage done by falling from 2 storey windows.
- Fixed being underweight/very underweight causing immediate death when falling from 2nd storey windows and over encumbered.
- Allow lunging zombies to climb over fences and through windows instead of walking-in-place into them.
- Agoraphobic/Claustrophobic are now mutually exclusive.
- Increased hemophobic points given to 5.
- Fixed no zombies sandbox options still spawning zombies in vehicle stories.
- Fixed still turning toward some items when doing various action when it wasn't needed (filling water bottle).
- Fixed zombies thumping vehicles not attracting other zombies (missing WorldSound).
- Fixed AttackState clearing StateMachineParams (for all states, instead of just AttackState).
- Fixed two multithreading bugs.
- Fixed not being able to attack after closing a map when using a controller.
- Fixed Transfer All moving hotbar items.
- Fixed Hemophobic stress increasing faster at higher framerates.
- Fixed the player getting stuck in the fishing state if they performed other actions while fishing.
- Fixed driving through forests is bumpy even when wood floors have been placed.
- Fixed NullPointerException in IsoGridSquare.RenderOpenDoorOnly() when there is fire in a house.
- Fixed blocked buttons in the New Game screen after deleting the last savefile.
- Fixed not being able to take water from puddles if Dynamic Skybox = No.
- Fixed plumbed sinks taking water from puddles.
- Fixed Lock framerate = Uncapped not being saved.
- Fixed BodyPart.RestoreToFullHealth() not stopping bleeding.
- Fixed invisible players and other errors when spawning a splitscreen player in the same location as the other player.
- Fixed IsoPlayer.getJoypadAimVector() and IsoPlayer.getJoypadMoveVector() doing sqrt(x * x + y + y).
- Fixed passengers seeing the "B for Brake" prompt when using a controller.
- Fixed DebugChunkStateUI not updating the display when selecting new squares.
- Forbid using the name of an existing directory when creating a new game.
- Forbid entering various invalid characters in the savefile field when creating a new game.
- Fixed being able to double-click a spawn location to advance to the next screen when an invalid savefile name was entered.
- Fixed not spawning zombies eating corpses inside rooms.
- Fixed spawning zombies eating corpses in a room when zombie spawning is disabled.
- Fixed spawning zombies eating corpses with a wall or door between the corpse and the zombie. Try harder to find a place to spawn a corpse inside a room, instead of always choosing the center.
- Fixed blood splatter causing bushes and trees to rustle.
- Fixed not being able to walk off the floor in all directions after building a new staircase.
- Fixed corpses/items/zombies in rooms spawning in inaccessible areas behind stairs (when the area is 1x1 or 2x1 or 1x2 only).
IWBUMS Build 41.23
Date: December 10, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.23
- Change the color of non-icon buttons when clicking them for visual feedback.
- Removed Tutorial from main menu.
- Added new sandbox loot options:
- Canned food, Medical, Mechanics, Survival gears, Ranged weapons, Ammo, Literature.
- When loading a previous game, these new loot modifier will be based on existing one (so ranged wpn/ammo will take weapon modifier, the others will take "Other" loot modifier)
- Zombies have less chance spotting the player during night (it was already there, but happen only during really dark night, lowered the threshold a tad)
- Halved the odds of jamming a gun
- Growing hair now take 20 days instead of 30.
- Balance weight of some clothing.
- Burglar profession can now hotwire vehicles & have less chance of breaking lock when opening windows.
- Hard of earing now gives 4 points (from 2).
- Increased ThickSkinned cost to 8 points (from 6).
- Increased ThinSkinned points given to 8 (from 6).
- Some weight related traits now reduce fitness.
- Weight related traits have now a bigger impact of chance to fail climbing big fences.
- Nightowl fixed, now works properly.
- Being Hemophobic and having blood on your on your clothes now slowly increase panic.
- More forgiving about the direction the player is facing when auto-vaulting over fences.
- Temp fix for Kingsmouth hanging while saving. The island is surrounded by water, preventing the game from finding any path to respawn zombies.
- Fixed fake-dead zombies in House in the Woods challenges.
- Fixed walls flickering on fast-forward.
- Fixed zombie skins changing at random.
- Fixed belts etc not drying over time when worn.
- Fixed missing zombie footstep sounds for slow-moving and sprinting zombies.
- Fixed IsoGameCharacter.DoFootstepSound(String) volumes being ignored.
- Fixed sprinter zombies lunging at full speed through trees and bushes.
- Fixed animation and turning issues when performing medical actions on a splitscreen player.
- Fixed bandage models appearing on the doctor rather than the patient in splitscreen.
- Fixed rapidly clicking a button ignoring every second click (buttons were ignoring double-clicks).
- Fixed Frying Pan model rotation when on the ground.
- Fixed Revolver & dbl barrel shotgun getting hammed
- Fixed invisible bandage (used to apply bandage model to player) weighting 1.0 (now it's 0).
- Fixed sometimes bandage model not being removed (e.g when getting bite).
- Fixed zombies attacking while still turning to face the player. This was most noticeable when the player was sitting in a vehicle; a zombie would walk to the vehicle's window, then attack as it was making a 90-degree turn. It could also happen when opening a door with a zombie behind it, or walking around a corner into a zombie.
- Fixed inventory-context-menu command "Move To > Floor" moving items to the player's inventory but not dropping them on the floor.
- Fixed NullPointerException in IsoMovingObject.checkHitWall() when adjacent chunks haven't been loaded.
- Fixed playing the player's hit-reaction animation after exiting a vehicle. It looked like the zombie hit the player from the other side of the vehicle.
- Fixed the player dying twice sometimes while getting dragged to the ground.
- Fixed multiple issues with zombies knowing the location of players for a period after losing LOS
- Fixed zombies seeing the player behind them as soon as they heard noise from the player. Now they don't see the player until they have turned enough.
- Fixed metalworking actions failing because the Welder Mask can't be equipped in the hand anymore. Now it is worn.
- Fixed ground attacks hitting doors, trees, etc.
- Fixed a bit of debug code blocking the main thread every frame.
- Fixed ISInventoryTransferAction failing if the item is already in the destination container. This fixes not being able to put gas in a vehicle when the Gas Can is in a bag to begin with.
- Fixed duplicating items exploit involving corpses.
- Fixed NullPointerException in ThunderStorm when the player's current square is null.
- Fixed players getting blood on them after shooting zombies from a distance.
- Fixed VehiclesDB not reporting many save/load errors. Now it uses the little-red-box-of-doom.
- Fixed multithreading bug with the player/vehicle database. Existing files with already-corrupted vehicle data will repeatedly throw exceptions.
- Fixed VehiclesDB throwing exceptions repeatedly if BaseVehicle.load() failed
- Fixed NullPointerException in IsoPuddlesGeometry.
- Fixed VERSION=1 not being written to keys.ini in some cases
IWBUMS Build 41.22
Date: December 4, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.22
- New way to spawn vehicle stories, now use zone intersect in chunk to be really accurate.
- Added more vehicle stories.
- Added weapon name on insert bullets in weapon context menu option
- Added footstep sounds when aim-walking.
- Moodles now shake and shimmer to signal combat being impaired
- Updated some vehicles textures.
- Fixed some missing vehicle damage overlays.
- Increased cap combat speed for heavy weapons.
- Pressing one of the hotbar keys for half a second now displays a radial menu for choosing an item to equip in that slot.
- Healing items can be dragged onto the Health panel to treat injuries.-Converted strings for translators
- Updated translations for Spanish, Hungarian, Japanese and Polish.* All containers in the loot window now displayed in the 3x3 area around the player.
- This allows us to add back "turn to face the container while looting", because turning doesn't change which containers are displayed in the loot window.
- Fixes some awkwardness with looting corpses, since often the player is visually standing on the corpse but not facing the square the corpse is on.
- It was always possible for the player to click on a container in the world and display it's contents in the loot window, even when the container was behind the player and didn't have a button in the loot window.
- Fixed vehicle rust missing from Effects.
- Fixed player being locked in place after starting to reload/rack a firearm while aiming.
- Fixed sitting and thumping zombies being pushed by other zombies
- Display the 'equipped' icon in the hotbar for items held in a hand.
- Added "Quit To Desktop" main-menu option.
- Player now faces vehicle door when attempting to unlock it.
- Fixed zombies getting stuck in an animation after the player dies.
- Fixed DebugChunkState error when a State wasn't exposed to lua.
- Fixed sitting zombies sometimes facing the wrong direction.
- Fixed the position of the "favorite" icon in the inventory window (it was clipping into the row above).
- Fixed being able to throw a molotov without a lighter in the right hand, and the right-hand item disappearing afterward.
- Fixed not being able to queue multiple chop-tree actions.
- Fixed the Continue button skipping the profession screen when the player is dead.
- Fixed hotbar switching animations.
- Fixed the player's direction snapping when changing the player's in-hand models.
- Fixes snapping when the player turns
- Fixed dragging multiple healing items of the same type onto the Health ui.
- Fixed clicking "wear" on a stack of items wearing them all
- Fixed being able to open infinite Inspect Clothing UI.
- Fixed right clicking on bullets needing a corresponding gun to allow insert bullets in magazine.
- Fixed having clicking once bullets in inventory bringing "insert ammo in magazine" for every item.
- Fixed not being able to clean dirty leather/denim strips.
- Fixed bunch of overlaping text with garmentUI for translator, everything is now tied to various string width.
- Fixed sandbox loot settings resetting to default when loading a saved game.
- Fixed zombies not attacking players right in front of them when the "Day/Night Active" sandbox setting is not "Both".
- Lighter doesn't run out of fuel if we use it as lighting source
- Fixed Barefoot footsteps sfx not being softer than when wearing shoes
- Fixed chance to catch fish at lvl 1 beingtoo high
- Fixed professional clothes (for example Lumberjack shirt) disappearing from the combo when clicking "Random"
- Fixed Headlights smashing too easily
- Fixed Pin status for inventory menus not being saved
- Fixed it not being possible to recover and repair a weapon used in Spear creation
- Fixed dryers having Drink Option
- Fixed lua error with Painting walls
- Fixed Fishing with a spear having incorrect sfx
- Fixed sound effect when a door is destroyed being too loud
- Fixed incorrect high exertion moodle description
- Fixed Trees/clothing protection system issues
- Fixed dig Graves action not having SFX for all tools
- Fixed vehicle siren typo
- Fixed a farming 'Dig' being confusing due to different digging actions - now 'dig furrow' etc.
- Fixed weapon SwingSound not playing (whoosh of baseball bat for example).
- Fixed HitVehiclePartWithWeapon and HitVehicleWindowWithWeapon not playing, and it using hit-zombie sound.
- Fixed hats falling multiple times off reanimated player zombies.
- Fixed aim outline for splitscreen players being rendered on the first player's screen.
- Fixed weather effects not rendering for splitscreen players.
- Fixed the wrong clothing color being displayed in the character-creation screen when selecting items.
- Fixed passengers not being allowed to read books in running vehicles (driver still cannot).
- Fixed garage doors with walls behind in cells 22,33 and 27,33.
- Fixed SmithingMag4 turning into SmithingMag3 when read.
- Fixed possible nullpointer for RVSCarCrashCorpse.
- Fixed turning again when already facing the direction when doing an action.
- Fixed player animation snapping while turning in ISMultiStageBuild.
- Fixed vehicle steering flipping like pinball paddles when the fps is low.
- Fixed pathfind bug that resulted in "WalkTowardState but path2 != null" messages.
- Fixed lua errors when pressing hotbar shortcut keys during game loading.
- Fixed exception with PolygonalMap2.intersectLineWithVehicle().
- Fixed lua error in ISRepairEngine
- Forbid reading skill books that are too high-level. The player will read for a bit then stop after saying "I don't understand..." etc.
- Fixed IsoWorldInventoryObject sometimes using the smaller WItem_xxx textures.
- fixed the car duplication.
- Fixed vehicle headlights not getting removed when destroyed, emitting light when broken
IWBUMS Build 41.21
Date: November 26, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.21
- Replaced tailoring submenu with an "Inspect clothing UI" which act like health panel.
- Added visible bandage models on character
- Changed the animation when building log walls, and hide hand models since no tools are required.
- Added a "world" attachment to some weapon models to position and rotate them nicely when they are on the ground. This is used so shovels and planks lie flat on the ground, for example.
- Added "Aim outline" display option.
- Player now unequips current item before equipping another when both items are in the hotbar.
- Fixed some bugs with the Inspect Clothing UI & added a condition bar.
- Finished bandages models (added dirty!)
- Removed "New Roof Hiding" option.
- Catch and log all Throwable errors when saving the game.
- Added randomised vehicle spawn events - car crashes etc.
- Introduced aspects of new challenges: Zombies are now active at night & inactive during day in Studio, you start with a torch at midnight. Tweaked Kingsmouth sandbox options.
- Improved transition to action animation to remove anim snaps
[Insulation System Changes]
- fixed bug that resulted in no catch a cold chance when conditions did apply
- slowed down body heat generation increase/decrease rates
- added advanced view and applied text changes on thermal tab
- fixed temperature offsets of limbs to be more pronounced
- changed a few internal values making fighting cold to be harder based on test feedback also including: the dropping of core temperature now affects total possible heat generated and the body ability to keep fighting cold
- increased energy/fluid consumption rates a little bit when overheating/undercooling
- added small increase in energy consumption when generating lots of heat.
- changed skin temperature moves faster when its moving back to favorable levels, so it doesnt take that long to warm up again.
- fixed bug that during heat made skin too hot too fast based on insulation
- fixed a few clothing pieces insulation
- changed hypothermia stage 2 kicking in at core 35, instead of 33
- added a lower body heat generation value when sneaking.
- added small incremental insulation bonus affecting high insulating clothing mostly
- added extra lower perspiration rate modifier for clothing in colder temperatures
- added water resistance to various jackets, pants, hats and footwear
- Increased a tad weapon spawning attached to zombies.
- Increased gardenning spray, scissors, gloves & butter knife spawn rate.
- Removed Belt being able to be cut.
- Increased thread spawn rate in kitchen.
- Mechanics window tooltips now display battery charge, amount of fuel in gas tank, amount of air in tires.
- Improved how day/night cycle zombies sandbox option works: when active, they get your sandbox options. When inactive, they're really slow & weak, but they can still walk/attack.
- Added slow shamblers zombies speed.
- Possibly fixed walking-in-place zombies.
- Fixed hotbar not updating when replacing a holster with a double holster or vice-versa.
- Fixed custom weights for food and crafted radios not being saved.
- Fixed "Clear Ashes" not being available.
- Allow Shovel/Shovel2/SnowShovel/HandShovel to be used to clear ashes.
- Fixed lua error in DebugChunkState displaying tables in modData.
- Fixed the bug "vehicles sometimes disappear until you reload the game".
- Fixed the player getting stuck when climbing a sheetrope and the way is blocked at the top. The player will automatically climb back down.
- Fixed overlapping garage door and wall in cell 37,22.
- Fixed Tailoring skill books disappearing after being read.
- Fixed grime/overlays/etc from burned tiles.
- Fixed the bug: the -Dnosave option throw a bunch of error
- Fixed car batteries starting with greater than 100% charge sometimes.
- Fixed picking up broken glass with the furniture-moving tool not cutting the hands as it does when done with the context menu.
- Fixed red garage doors not being openable.
- Fixed Transfer All not working when one of the items is a Moveable (furniture) item.
- Fixed cold water being used sometimes when disinfecting bandages or making hot drinks.
- Fixed Zombie Count sandbox option setting Population Multiplier incorrectly (since Very High was added).
- Fixed wrong climb-over-fence animation playing when holding a handgun.
- Fixed MEGA THUNDER bug after fast-forward
- Fixed zombies springing upright when struck after climbing over a fence, instead of getting stomped on.
- Fixed lua error when attempting to reload a magazine when there are no bullets in inventory.
- Fixed lua error when crafting when items need to be transferred to main inventory. (Packing nails into multiple boxes).
- Fixed not being able to wear items on the head with coveralls (FullSuit and FullSuitHead locations were swapped). This should fix welding masks disappearing when zombies die, if they were wearing coveralls.
- Fixed being able to click on doors to open/close them from too far away. Now the player must be in the 2x3 or 3x2 squares adjacent to the door.
- Fixed hitting trees through walls.
- Fixed zombies runners not running toward a sound (breaking windows, TV..)
- Fixed zombies runners running in circle around you.
IWBUMS Build 41.20
Date: Novenber 18, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.20
- Added new Mash's textures for zombies and survivor characters.
- Zombies have now 3 level of decay, they'll be shown depending on your survival time (6 months after apo having lots of decay level 3 etc..)
- Updated Kingsmouth & Studio map, also changed their description for placeholder & added correct thumb for them.
- Character temperature stuff:
- added Thermoregulator to BodyDamage which handles all the player heat stuff
- added character panel thermos ui and elements
- changed hunger,thirst,fatigue may be multiplied due to thermoregulation state
- reworked cold/heat damage and penalties
- changed umbrella effectiveness to per body part basis
- changed getting a cold chance to measure skin temperature + wetness per body part, head/neck/chest weigh more
- changed outdoorsman reduces chance to catch a cold to 10% of normal
- added proper humidity to climate manager
- added bodyheat generation values to timedactions, walking, combat (also an increase based on weight)
- added bodywetness per body part instead of one value for entire body
- changed clothing wetness/drying, added perspiration and body heat working the layers from inside to outside
- added clothing insulation values to new clothing, Clothing insulation can be set from 0.0 to 1.0
- added clothing wind resist, decreases windchill effect, can be set from 0.0 to 1.0
- added clothing water resist, 1.0 fully stops soakthrough (example poncho) lower value slows it down
- added time penalty for timed actions when hands/arms are very cold
- added bodypart widget to protection panel
- changed PlayerClimateDebug to show debug stuff for thermoregulator now
- added BodyPartContacts, can be used to determine which body part connects to another
- added distance to core, skinsurface percentage and umbrella mod to BodyPartType
- Added Clothing Repair:
- Right click an item to add/remove patches to clothing.
- Adding a patch to a hole removes it, otherwise it simply gives you defense bonus (need to add more insulation to them if simply upgrading).
- Quality of the defense depend on fabric used & tailoring skill.
- In coming weeks a UI will be made to inspect clothing so it'll be less clicky through submenus.
- Changed how ripping clothing works to make it easier to update when new clothes are being added.
- Can now rip leather/denim stuff to get strips (requires scissors).
- Boosted overall thread spawn rate, can also get leather strips when disassembling leather stuff (couch etc.)
- Patch textures currently all the same no matter the fabric used, they are placeholder textures.
- Gun improvements:
- Tweaked hit chance with guns: should be easier and have a way more 'linear' feel toward aiming level now.
- Improved zombies sprinter:
- They now sprint only if they have a target, otherwise they just walk.
- They have a chance to trip and fall when sprinting.
- Fixed zombies sprinting through trees.
- Sprinters have a wider turn delta when sprinting.
- Controller X button now transfers items from the player to whichever container is displayed in the loot window, instead of to the floor.
- Saving and logs:
- Added DebugLog.txt file to logs.zip. This file is contained in /debug-log/ directory in archive.
- Checked that vehicles.db file is saved in logs.zip. This file is contained in /save/ directory in archive.
- Added saving last save when the game starting. Those files are contained in /save_old/ directory in archive.
- Water improvements:
- Added WaterZones on the docks and boathouse north of Westpoint to fix rendering with the water shader. It isn't 100% fixed; the tiles that provide thickness to the docks aren't visible, and there's a 1-tile glitch where the dock meets the shore.
- I changed the water-shader code to render in two passes, first the solid water tiles, then the regular tiles, then the shore tiles. It fixes some tiles being hidden on the docks/boathouse north of Westpoint, and the railway bridge east of Westpoint. Previously you couldn't see the transparent floors on the edges of the railway bridge because the water covered them.
- Added some food models (mainly for vegetables/fruits).
- Added eat from plate anim
- Added tailoring trait/books.
- Fixed sometimes having spawn house barricaded.
- Moved passive skills to the top of the Skills tab.
- Transferring items by 20 stacks now does it only for small items (weight <= 0.1) liks nails, bullets etc..
- Changed aiming zombies outline colors to use less dark red.
- Changed some words on repair menu.
- MARTIN ADDITIONS
- added Bob_IdleEatingFromPlate.X and Bob_DrinkFromFloor.X
- TRUNK VERSION
- Fixed puddles rendering on top of water (when not using the water shader and Dynamic Puddles = All).
- Fixed puddle data rendering. This was to fix a bug when opening/closing a door using a controller, puddles would appear briefly in a 3x3 area around the door. It didn't happen when using the 'E' key, strangely. I think the puddles rendering isn't thread safe though, the main thread could be updating IsoPuddlesGeometry.pda/etc while the render thread is reading them.
- Fixed the second container in the loot window being auto-selected instead of the first when using a controller. IIRC the floor used to be displayed at the top of the list of containers in the loot window.
- Fixed some garage doors with walls behind them in cell 25,31.
- Fixed zombies inherit some other room distributions, making easy to farm some items by luring zombies into specific rooms.
- Removed tutorial popup message for new players.
- Fixed entering a vehicle sometimes taking longer than it should. This seemed to happen when the player was playing a turning animation and entered the vehicle.
- Fixed rendering of wall vines being affected by the old circle-stencil.
- Added a delay-before attack animation to the zombie "attack" state in 100% unfair instant pounce situations. The animation lasts 1/2 second. This replaces the 'grace' period from the last patch.
- Removed the blend time between the start and finish animations of the zombie attack. This appeared to cause a hitch in the zombie's pose.
- Fixed player walking to adjacent containers when transferring items.
- Fixed Difference in how tint is applied to models versus on-character clothes.
- Fixed Survivor & Builder mode not starting in July.
- Fixed player not waking up when low health.
- Fixed player not waking up if a zombie destroy something in the house (window, door, barricade..)
- Fixed sometimes player continue walking when about to sleep making him phasing through walls etc.
- Fixed texture-related exception loading moveable items in containers.
- Fixed sleep ending too soon.
- Fixed player turning while looting since doing so may change which containers are displayed.
- Fixed corpse textures being recreated each time a corpse was loaded.
- Fixed lua error unloading bullets from a magazine when there are no bullets in inventory.
- Fixed issues dismantling vehicles with a blowtorch.
- Fixed multiplying comboboxes killing fps after repeatedly clicking the Randomize button in the character-creation screen.
- Fixed typo in ClothingSelectionDefinitions.lua.
IWBUMS Build 41.19
Date: Novenber 11, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.19
- Re-added sprinter zombies to sandbox.
- Certain headwear now have a chance to fall when attacking (on zombies and players). Hats now rendered as 3D models in the world.
- Slot labels now displayed above the hotbar when the mouse hovers that slot. This was to fix labels that are longer than the slot. When no item is in a slot, the faded icon of the item that provides the slot (such as a belt) is displayed instead.
- New SFX for lower impact car collisions
- Added new sandbox presets to the sandbox options screen. Updated all the sandbox preset files so they include values for all options.
- Added star quality to show durability of items in hotbar.
- Left belt is now first, then right slot, this'll work only if you unequip/reequip the belt.
- Updated community translations
- Added ProjectZomboidOpenGLDebug64.bat which uses lwjgl-debug.jar instead of lwjgl.jar to enable extended error checking. Among other things, this calls glGetError() after every OpenGL call.
- Sneaking now drains more endurance when walking/jogging than normal walking/jogging.
- Equipped item/clothing now at the end of the inventory and not at the top.
- Added some debug info about quit and around saving the game on quit
- Pressing R can now do multiple thing:
- If mag is in equipped gun, unequip it, check for a new mag to insert.
- If no other mag found, check if we can load bullets in one mag, when done auto reload/rack.
- Changed all open doors to be see-through to help with combat when zombies are on the other side of an open door.
- If a vehicle is inside a garage, the area of the vehicle now decreases slightly - to help with parking.
- Balanced firearm stats.
- Increased chance of finding magazine in guns.
- Improved M16 and Automatic fire weapons.
- Adjusted some loot spawns
- Add carpentry exp when making spears.
- Zombies have now defense according to clothing
- Eating frozen food now gives unhappiness/boredom malus.
- Re-added guns to spawn
- Lowered gigamart spawn rate.
- Increased safehouse loot.
- Changed Builder's food rarity settings from "extremely rare" to "rare"
- Disabled automatically vaulting over fences when there's no floor on the other side.
- Added a grace period during which a 'Surprise Bathroom zombie' attack does no damage to avoid unfair instadeath.
- tweaks to Hunting vest x files and masks so they work better together
- adjusted wedding jacket to work a bit better with jumpers.
- adjusted Huntingvest masks so that it works better with clothing
- Fixed the player walking in the wrong direction while aiming with a controller.
- Fixed hotbar position in splitscreen and after resizing the game window.
- Fixed missing window icons.
- Fixed tired moodle not in calcul hit chance for firearm.
- Fixed exhausted moodle not being in calcul for stomping.
- Fixed zombies pushing around zombies sat against a wall.
- Fixed hand axe being on wrong rotation when attached in belt right.
- Fixed various body location (gask mask could be wear with glasses, some full helmet etc..)
- Fixed clothing protection could display over 100%.
- Fixed wrong color scheme for bite/scratch defense color.
- Fixed not regen endurance if heavy load was > 0.
- Fixed heavy load moodle level 4 not doing anything to endurance regen.
- Fixed fitness level 10 make you run faster (now only affect endurance).
- Fixed missing rip clothing SFX.
- Fixed stone not being lost when creating a spear from it.
- Fixed double create spear with screwdriver.
- Fixed missing adding kitchen knife to spear recipe.
- Fixed occasional duplicated cars.
- Fixed zombies teleporting through walls when choosing a place to sit after loading part of the map.
- Fixed zombies never sitting against south or east walls. IsoGridSquare.getWallType() looked for WallS and WallE properties which don't exist.
- Fixed lua error looting hotbar items from corpses.
- Fixed dissassembling not forcing you to stand.
- Fixed removing a magazine from a firearm also removing 1 bullet from the clip.
- Fixed some lua errors being printed to console without displaying the red error box.
- Fixed car battery charger not rendering sometimes.
- Fixed some blending during vault over.
- Fixed sudden pause at the end of vaultOverRun
- Fixed vault over sprint making a snap.
- Fixed eating and drinking animations stopping in the middle of the action
- Fixed some zombies walking being really fast or way too slow
- Fixed Builder preset being initially selected in the sandbox "Saved Presets" combobox when the actual settings were for Survivor.lua aka Apocalypse.
- Fixed the player's view cone changing direction more quickly than the model is turning.
- Fixed character-info avatar not updating after washing off blood.
- Fixed zombies sometimes standing idle when they should be chasing the player.
- Fixed iso cursor being rendered at twice the size when Double-sized Textures = No.
- Fixed players not always facing the direction they should when performing actions.
- Fixed player walking when turning off an alarm that is in their inventory.
- Fixed house alarms not working.
IWBUMS Build 41.18
Date: October 30, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.18
- Add "Finished" Sound to Washing Machine/Dryer
- Not being able to add/remove clothes to washer/dryer while cycle is active
- Change Moodle "Minor injuries, first aid required"
- Custom Sandbox Settings Don't Save as a Saved Preset if "/" is in Name
- Fishing SFX not synced
- Clothing Ensemble Bug
- Filling Broken Saucepan Bug
- Fixed uninitialized uniform index with TallFenceShader.
- Disabled TerrainRenderTiles_UseShaders in non-debug mode, set default=false.
- Fixed floor and wall shaders being recreated each time a game is started.
- Hopefully fixed rain puddle performance issues.
- Re-enabled the fridehum/window/door/etc ambient sounds. Changed WaterDrip sound to only play on IsoFlagType.waterPiped sprites with water (so they won't drip after the water shuts off, unless connected to a water source). Yuri found that when there are puddles on the ground, there are way too many WaterDrip sounds playing. That was due to IsoObject.hasWater() returning true on squares that have puddles.
- Save hotbbar position to avoid weirdness at loading game with holster equipped.
- Adjusted some model position for attached weapons.
- Added double barrel shotgun. (anim + spawn).
- Fixed some weirdness with guns.
- Now reset the loot position when transfering stuff
- Can now pickup broken glass (warning, if no gloves you might get injured).
- Increased Soap spawn rate.
- Decrease soap consumption (*2).
- Various compatibility changes for future Super Survivors updates.
- Cleaning liquid can now be used to wash yourself/clothing (NEW cleaning liquid, previous one won't work).
- Cleaning time now depend on amount of blood/dirt on clothing.
- Clothing will be soaked after being washed by hands.
- Fixed exception when washing Socks.
- Decreased time to wash clothing.
- Added various recoil anim for guns/firearm, the more aiming level, the faster you'll shoot + less recoil from anim.
- Added switch Single/Auto for the M16.
- Fixed hotbar weight taking priority over equipped item weight.
- Tooltip now show correct weight if weapon is in hotbar.
- Balanced assault rifle
- Fixed: Zooming out over water results in black squares instead of water
- Fixed after-death text being rendered twice for players.
- Fixed rain-splash rendering bug in splitscreen.
- Fixed typo with ISBaseObject.type. Capital-T Type is used in several places.
- Fixed player model being reset when swapping hotbar items.
- Fixed character-info avatar not updating when swapping hotbar items.
- Call ISHotbar:refresh() in update(). My previous commit added a call to triggerEvent("OnClothingUpdate") in IsoGameCharacter.setAttachedItem() which might cause refresh() to be called at unexpected times.
- Moved IsoGameCharacter.attachedModels to ModelSlot.attachedModels.
- Fixed error in ISAttachedItemsUI.lua when zombies have multiple items attached.
- Delay resetting a character's equipped and attached models until the next frame.
- Changed ISHotbar:update() to handle InventoryItem.getAttachedSlot() becoming invalid for some reason.
- fix text boxes not being destroyed bug
- Fixed hotbar exception after moving the first of two belts to a container.
- Change to ISHotbar:onMouseUp() is just refactoring.
- Fixed previous game's zombie population settings being applied to new games.
- Fixed Survivor.lua sandbox preset never being loaded.
- Rebuilt Linux libPZPopMan64.so.
- Lowered burnt house spawn rate.
- Fixed zombies being considered as on back when falling through window.
- Can now wash yourself without soap, but takes longer.
- Capped the time needed to wash clothing.
- Added holster icons.
IWBUMS Build 41.17
Date: October 29, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.17
- All characters now start with a belt - giving them a "Back" slot & two belt (left/right) belt slots. You can either right click a slot, or drag & drop a weapon to it. Or, alternatively, click a weapon in your inventory to attach it to the hotbar. Weapons will be shown on the player. Pressing a hotkey (from 1 to 5) will auto equip the weapon assigned to each slot. This is a work in progress system that we'd love feedback on!
- Added holsters
- Holsters have a chance to spawn on police/policestate zombies (automatic get one if he had a gun)
- Rebuilt ProjectZomboid.exe as a gui application, no more console window. Should work with Steam remote play together now.
- Added player Bob_VaultOverToFall animation when climbing over fences.
- Added zombie Zombie_WalkTrees animation for walktoward and pathfind states.
- Zombie lunge animations played at 50% speed in trees.
- Boosted wood axe damage, speed, amount of time you can move during strafe, to make it a viable (but still quite slow) heavy damage weapon
- Force standing when drinking/filling items from sink.
- Reduced handgun model size (+ muzzle redone)
- Added Chipped stone to craft lance recipe.
- Made tall fences transparent when the player is behind them
- Disabled Hypochondriac trait until it can be fully reworked
- Reload XP now given when inserting bullets in clip (small chance) and when reloading (bigger chance).
- Added spear fishing.
- Now equip in 2 hands shovel when taking dirt/sands..
- Added Griddle pan for stir-fry.
- Fixed zombies spawning in buildings long after a player has entered the building.
- Fixed Double-barrel shotgun issues.
- Missing inventory icon.
- Removed chamber, which allowed 3 shells to be loaded.
- Racking not required.
- Fixed blob/suitcase Zeds on spawn
- Fixed FMOD crash on 64-bit.
- Java_fmod_javafmodJNI_FMOD_1System_1CreateChannelGroup() was casting a pointer to 'long' when it needed to be a 64-bit 'long long'.
- SoundManager was calling FMOD_Channel_SetPaused() instead of FMOD_ChannelGroup_SetPaused().
- Fixed zombies getting stuck in the air after climbing through a window.
- Fixed exception after renaming food to have a dollar-sign character in it.
- Fixed lua error when taking compost from a composter.
- Fixed zombified players interacting with doors/windows/etc by left-clicking.
- Fixed new shovels not being useable for taking dirt/gravel/sand.
- Fixed hammering animation when pouring dirt/gravel/sand from a bag.
- Fixed Logs.zip console.txts are limited to all of 2 lines during most crashes
- Fixed issues pressing Escape while entering or exiting a vehicle, or switching seats.
- Fixed players going through a wall when run-vaulting over a fence adjacent to the wall.
- Fixed issue: Unhandled Thread exception by the SQLDB in a non UTF8 environ.
- Fixed Protection screen not working with a controller.
- Fixed Info hair/beard buttons not working with a controller.
- Fixed clothing dryer and washer continuing to play sound after the power goes out.
- Fixed weather mask not updating when the zoom level changes.
- Fixed weather mask not rendering for splitscreen players.
- Fixed zombies get stuck after climbing over a fence with no floor on the other side.
- Fixed some files being closed via garbage collection.
- Crouch key only affects player 0 which fixes split-screen shared crouch
- Fixed "Sit On Ground" context-menu option is available when already sitting.
- Fixed "Sit On Ground" context-menu option is not available when using a controller.
- Fixed adding frozen food into recipes.
- Fixed old Socks still existing.
IWBUMS Build 41.16
Date: October 23, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.16
- Added options for transparency / visibility of iso cursor for combat.
- Increased memory allocation for 64bit zomboid that could potentially avoid crashes on some systems loading into game.
- Fixed shader issues with clothing overlays and holes which affect some GPUs (big source of hangs/crashes on game load / leaving spawn house and probably the same cause of some mac issues reported)
- Render thread will now throw out better error messages for diagnosing future problems.
- Fixed zombies playing their death sound sometimes when stabbed (but not jaw-stabbed). This happened when bCloseKill=true but CriticalHit=false.
- A zombie dies as soon as it is jaw-stabbed, not after falling to the ground. The KnifeDeath animation is played in the falldown state, not the hitreaction state. The KnifeDeath hitreaction doesn't happen now because the zombie is dead before falling.
- Fixed zombie number issue on Survival
- Fixed pathfinding failing when moving on the same square when that square is blocked in all directions. This worked before luautils.walkAdj() was changed to not call AdjacentFreeTileFinder.isTileOrAdjacent(). https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26223-stuck-in-one-spot/
IWBUMS Build 41.15
Date: October 22, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.15
- Renamed playstyles for clarity and to emphasise dev intent for how they should be played. Brawler becomes Survivor, Survivor becomes Apocalypse.
- Added anim-less transitions for sneakWalk -> strafe, sneakRun -> strafe, sneakWalkLow -> strafe, and sneakRunLow -> strafe
- Eliminates the odd turning arc while transitioning to strafe.
- Removed strafeToWalk animation from strafeSneak -> walk/run/etc.
- Reduces the amount the character jumps while transitioning from strafeSneak to said states.
- Implemented SFX for lower impact car collisions
- Added falling-zombie state.
- Added context-menu tooltip for opening/closing curtains to display keyboard and mouse shortcuts.
- Added VERSION=1 to keys.ini. Remap C to L when VERSION is not present or is less than 1.
- Added state transition from lunge to falling for zombies.
- Added climb over fence transition to falling (when there's no floor on the other side).
- Added Height map texture for puddles. This texture should increase performance when drawing puddles.
- Added Logs/ZombieSpawn.txt to record zombie spawns. Should record zombies spawning inside of buildings, not so much outside.
- Toned down zombies and zombie spawns a little in Survivor (formerly Brawler)
- Reduced the delay after climbing through a window or over a fence before the player can move.
- temporarily disabled body temperature change to help people survive winter
- Made hit detection on body parts on downed zombies a little tad more generous
- Bare hands in multi hit can now shove up to 3 zombies *on Survivor mode (formerly Brawler)
- tweaked several turn anims
- reversed mccoy van logo
- Fixed shoving the first zombie within range, rather than the closest zombie within range.
- Fixed incorrect path to Ambient Piano
- Attempted fix for Mac issues via rebuilt Mac 'lighting' libLighting.dylib
- Fixed zombification from tree scratches.
- Fixed RenderThread jobs sometimes being reported as finished before they are invoked.
- Fixed "Random" button in the Customize Character screen resetting the player's profession.
- Fixed molotovs and broken weapons not being removed from the player's hands.
- Fixed item icons on the ground being twice normal size when "Double sized textures" = No.
- Fixed issues saving the player to the vehicles.db database.
- Fixed unicode filenames are not suppоrted by animation/model importer.
- Fixed not being able to open/close windows via the context menu when the player is already standing at the exact center of the square.
- Stopped zombies dragging down a god-mode player to their death.
- Lowered outside passenger positions of SportsCar (fixes a camera glitch).
- Rip Clothing and Craft Sheet Rope work on all selected items (if they're valid).
- Removed PerformanceSettings.modelsEnabled and PerformanceSettings.suppоrt3D.
- Lowered the number of asset-loading threads from 4 to 2 on systems with 4 or fewer hardware threads.
- i.e dual-core with hyperthreading, or quad-core without hyperthreading.
- Fixed missing trait icons when using the Turkish locale. (Prone to Illness, Illiterate, etc). Anything with a capital I.
- Double-clicking tutorial and playstyle labels in the new-game screen proceeds to the next screen.
- Fixed issues attacking while in a vehicle (infinite ammo, can't shove).
- Try to fix exceptions in ClimbThroughWindowState. Don't store IsoWindow or IsoGridSquare in StateMachineParams since they may become invalid due to map scrolling (for zombies on the edge of the loaded area, not the player)
- Fixed lua error in DebugChunkStateUI
- Fixed displaying LMENU as LALT. Display RMENU as RALT.
- Fixed clearing a keybind displays it with no name instead of NONE.
- Fixed some weirdness in the fastforward cancel when near zombies.
- Fixed items floating off the ground when dropped from inside a vehicle.
- Fixed multiplying generators after using "Equip in both hands".
- Set generator ConditionMax=100.
- Set some vehicle part ConditionMax=100.
- Fixed parenting the player's inventory to a zombie after a knife gets stuck in the zombie's head.
- Fixed Bare Hands not being counted as a favorite weapon, except when stomping.
- Fixed "Untie Hair" option being available for already-untied hair after loading a game.
- Fixed player not dying properly after falling.
IWBUMS Build 41.14
Date: October 18, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.14
- Now treats aiming/strafing as a zero-momentum state, like idle.
- Turn180 now uses idleToRun180 instead of runToTurn180 when going from strafe -> run in the opposite direction of travel.
- Only blends (with animations) to defaultWalk/Run/Sprint if isTurningAround==false
- Uses animation-less transitions otherwise. This prevents the transition anims from doubling up with the turn180s anims.
- ZNetFriends continues pinging in singleplayer, possible it's one source of FPS drop
- Failed to Poll Device spam should be hidden, may be source of FPS drop for those with Blutooth or other wireless hardawre
- Vehicle will continue moving after its tire is burst
- Increase quality of Tires on cars to at least 20-30% in Survival mode
- Fixed missing bob/bob_idle on Turkish systems.
- Fixed AnimationSet lookup bug with Turkish locale ("Idle" -> "idle").
- Fixed EmptyStackException in IsoSpriteInstance.get().
- Fixed player not starting without clothes in AReallyCDDAy.
- Fixed custom icons for clothing and containers being lost after reloading a game.
- Fixed exception cleaning blood with a Bath Towel.
- Fixed exception loading shotguns (or any gun without a magazine).
- GrabItemAction transfers multiple items at a time similar to InventoryTransferAction.
- Transferring large stacks of items should no longer lower fps.
- Fixed losing ammo when creating a sawn-off shotgun.
- Fixed resize behavior of the Customize Character screen.
- Fixed combining InventoryTransferActions when the source and destination containers aren't the same.
- Changed "version 110" to "version 120" in some shaders that use functions in const expressions.
- Fixes to MainThread/GameThread crash handling.
- A crash in RenderThread no longer locks-up the game.
- Uncaught Errors now get absorbed, logged, and an attempt is made to preserve save data.
- Added uncaught exception handlers to MainThread, GameThread, and any other internal threads I could find.
- Added default uncaught handler for any external threads.
- Added custom handler for MainThread, sets bGameThreadExited and signals the RenderThread.
- Added custom handler for RenderThread, sets m_isCloseRequested, zaps any waiting queues, and waits for MainThread to save and close.
- Added testThreadCrash mechanism, used to fire a crash on-demand, remotely from AnimZed.
- Run -> Strafe -> Run now keeps to a straight line of travel. No longer does the strange arc movement during transition
- Strafe -> Run transitions now only use transition anims if at not turning more than 90 degrees.
- Strafe -> movement transitions updated to correct targets when isTurning90/Around.
- Fixes to odd arc turns during transitioning from walk -> strafe
- Fixed Brawler and Builder playstyle options in menu to stop them launching Survivor by mistake
- Crash-fix for when getVectorFromDirection is given a null vector.
IWBUMS Build 41.13
Date: October 17, 2019
Forum: no available forum post
- Rebuilt jassimp64.dll with statically-linked c++ library (removes dependency on msvcp140.dll).
- Fixed exception in MouseState with 2-button mouse.
- Fixed lua error with climb-through-window context-menu command.
- Fixed solidtrans objects next to windowframes-without-windows being solid.
- Removed 3D-models and 3D-corpses options.
- Removed AutoZombieManager.java which adjusted the number of 3D models based on performance.
- Fixed exception with "New Roof-Hiding" = No option.
- Fixed "welcome to build 41" being off-center.
- Hide "Opening Hours" since it performs poorly.
- Possibly fixed rainbow-colored bodies on Mac OS.
- Possibly fixed failure to load bob/bob_idle animation on Windows using the Turkish locale.
- ModelManager.loadAnimsFromDir() calls ModelManager.loadAnim(ZomboidFileSystem.getAnimName()).
- ZomboidFileSystem.getAnimName() may no longer be a valid filename after calling toLowerCase().
IWBUMS Build 41.12
Date: October 16, 2019
Forum: IWBUMS Build 41.12
- New gameplay styles: Builder, Brawler and Survivor
- More deadly ‘Survivor’ (Survival) gameplay balance – player can be dragged down by horde and feasted upon etc.
- New survivor abilities: sitting, sneaking, sprinting, jogging, racking, reloading, climbing, fence-jumping, collapsing and much much more.
- New combat, new weapons, new difficulty balance.
- New character creation – many, many different new clothing options both on spawn and discoverable in the world as loot or on zombies.
- New zombie behaviour: feasting on recent corpses, lolling against walls, falling over fences etc.
- Blood system that progressively bloodies bodies and clothing of survivors and zombies
- New injury system – movement and combat visibly hampered when injured. Lacerations now possible, an injury state that lies between bites and scratches.
- Improved gunplay: green/red aiming outline, new guns, improved racking and reloading, increased gun loot spawn.
- Zombie Death Scenes – zombies discovered in the situations in which people died. Prayer meetings, sports-viewing parties, survivor zeds wearing backpacks etc.
- Situational zombie type/clothing and inventories – cop zeds in police station, firemen zeds in burnt buildings, Chef zeds in restaurant kitchens, bride and groom zeds at a wedding ceremony in church etc.
- Clothing protection: different clothing provides different levels of protection from zombie attacks.
- Visibly ripped and damaged clothing.
- New Sims-style cutaway vision system.
- Vehicle handling improvements, resizing and appearance tweaks.
- Updated, remastered and improved Kentucky-themed soundtrack. Original music still in rotation, and also accessible through game options.
- New SFX: weaponry, zombie moans etc.
- New water visuals – including visible flow direction.
- New puddle system during heavy rain.
- Broken glass and related injuries.
- Garage doors may be opened / closed and shake when hit.
- New Challenge maps: Film Set and Kingsmouth Vacation Island
- 3D Store Mannequins – can be dressed however you like
- Working washing machines and driers
- Server-side saving: MP save system now in a server-side database. Offline SP-side, also means no more lost cars via irl power outages.
- New game cursor
- New level-up sound, and tweaked levelling system.
- Faint isometric aiming cursor that shows where you’re aiming in iso space.
- New loot balance and loot balance system: houses and stores now have loot in the containers you would expect from real life – and not in a jumble.
- Two tiers of loot priority – allowing for more realistic ‘filler’ loot amidst the more valuable gameplay items.
- Many, many general fixes including remedies for: floating cars, farming issues, inaudible house alarms, erosion shrubs blocking vehicles, desensitized survivors being panicked by crawlers and much more.
- VISIBLE BACKPACKS!