Project Build 41 Update
Welcome to Project Build 41 Update, a PZwiki project that aims to add all features added with build 41 to the wiki.
Build 41 is the biggest update the game has ever had or will ever have. There are a substantial amount of new items, game mechanics, visuals, and much, much more. This update is expected to have an impact on almost every page on the wiki in some way, which is why this project has been set up. Here, we can organize what needs to be added/updated and communicate with one another on the discussion page.
Anyone is welcome to join by listing their username in the contributors section below.
- Identify and improve all articles within the scope of this project.
- Fill the gaps – there are many missing articles within this project.
- Keep a constant record of articles within our scope on this project page.
Update pages to most recent versions
See Version categories for outdated pages.
Most pages from game mechanics main page section; some are at 41, but most are at older version.
- Items (some severely outdated; add missing ones as well)
- Update items to be up to standards, add models to all the new items' infoboxes (mostly food now).
- Crafting pages (including language ones), most were populated with old recipes and need to be updated again to serve a purpose.
- Replace "Tools" with tags. E.g., instead of having a list of every possible hammer, have one icon linking to a "Hammer (tag)" page, which will list all types of hammers with that tag.
- Change "Furniture" to "Workstation". Similarly to tags above, combine the various types of "oven" into a single workstation. This will be more important in build 42.
- Skills pages, they need to be updated to latest version and follow Help:Style guide, including unification/removing of "Overview" sections.
Limping when legs/feet injured, improved speed when bandaged.
Movement: Climbing high fences
Character Creation: new character creation screen/options
Info: Info panel with changes to 'Info' tab, showing player's character and clothing (add screenshot)
- Protection: Info panel with 'Protection' tab showing current protection values/areas from clothing
- Temperature: Info panel with 'Temperature' tab showing current warmth values/areas from clothing
- Survivor zombies: zombies that were previously survivors, with survivor loot (clothing, etc.).
Behavior: new zombie behaviors including sitting, eating, and combat.
Rain: rain causes puddles to form, which increase in size the longer/more it rains.
Options of starting clothes changes depending on occupation chosen.
- Challenges: Kingsmouth
- New/changed weapon skills
- Make new pages for each skill, such as Aiming?
New weapons to be added (just the Wooden Spear left)
- New clothing to be added (WIP)
New food to be added
- Update all food pages to the most recent version, add missing models
- Mention Sacks of X in Apple, Bell Pepper, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cherry, Corn, Eggplant, Grapes, Leek, Lettuce, Onion, Peach, Pear, Potato, Radish, Strawberries, and Tomato pages
Several foods can be stored in a sack: Apple, Bell Pepper, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cherry, Corn, Eggplant, Grapes, Leek, Lettuce, Onion, Peach, Pear, Potato, Radish, Strawberries, Tomato
"Rope" tag added, allowing sheet rope to be used in crafting recipes, such as Logs Stack
No longer craftable. Replaced with Beverage evolved recipe. (needs to be tested and confirmed)
Overhauled. Map items are still obtainable. But the new map system needs to be added. Also a mention of enabling mini-map in sandbox settings. Split into two separate pages (function and item).
"Westpoint Map" --> "West Point Map"
- "49 Cent Sale Sign" --> "49 / 99 Cent Sign"
- "Pie Store Corner Counter" --> "White Striped Corner Counter"
"Pie Store Counter" --> "White Striped Counter"
- Wooden Spear (Base.WoodenLance) (separate item to the Crafted Spear. This item cannot be crafted, and only found in "melee weapon containers", such as 'SafehouseLoot' and 'SurvivorCache'). Also needs to be added to Weapons page.
Needs updating or improving
Major improvements (essentially a new article)
Moderate improvements (some info present, may be missing some important components, or formatting is non-standard)
Minor improvments (Most info present, may be missing some components, or formatting is non-standard)
Complete (Article follows formatting standard, most info present, may only be missing minor updates or info)
Categories and subpages
Just copy and paste the syntax onto your user page to display your contribution to this project.
Want to be a contributor? You can add your name below. Also, please add the appropriate Userbox so you can be properly counted toward the contributor count.