.38 Special Round|
The M36 Revolver is a handgun chambered in .38 Special Rounds. The weapon can be attached to a Holster or Double Holster for quick access and weight reduction.
- Cannot jam.
- Doesn't require magazines.
- Quietest firearm in the game, zombies with default hearing only being able to hear it from up to 30 tiles away.
- Highest accuracy of any handgun.
- Lightest revolver.
- Gun and ammo aren't too hard to find.
- Best handgun for survivors with a low aiming skill.
- Fairly low damage compared to other firearms.
- Low round capacity compared to other revolvers.
- Slower reload than a gun that uses magazines.
M36 revolvers can hold 5 bullets. Like other revolvers, the M36 is incapable of jamming. the revolver can be reloaded with R. To avoid using the contextual menu in the inventory, the revolver can be reloaded, racked or unloaded by holding R and selecting the desired action.
Special Ability: Drive-by Shooting
All guns have the ability to shoot from vehicles. First press V, which opens the vehicle radial menu and open your window. Aim and fire. Drivers and passengers are all able to use this ability at the cost of reduced accuracy while the vehicle is moving. The driver cannot control the vehicle while aiming, it's recommended to cruise at a safe speed and make sure there are no obstacles that can cause a crash while you're driving and shooting.
The M36 revolver is a firearm, therefore being influenced by the firearm skills: aiming and reloading. It has a maximum condition of 10 and will be damaged depending on the player's aiming skill. The chance of losing durability is:
1 in (60 + aiming x 2).
The M36 revolver requires a minimum of 3 aiming, and another M36 revolver. The aiming skill determines how much will be repaired and chance of being successful.
It should be noted that repairing the gun makes following repairs less likely to succeed and can, if repaired numerous times, cause reduced durability instead of increased.
- M36 revolvers can sometimes be found inside of houses, usually inside of a bedroom drawer or wardrobe.
- The best method of finding an M36 Revolver is to search a gun store, such as the one located in West Point, KY, the shooting range, located in Valley Station, KY, or the armory of a police station.
- The gun can also be found in overrun barricaded buildings.
The revolver can be found on the corpses of suicide victims that can be found inside of bathrooms.
- The M36 revolver can rarely be found on civilian zombies.
- Police zombies can occasionally have a M36 revolver attached to their holsters. Police zombies are usually found at police stations, police barricade vehicle stories, prison escapee survivor stories, in the vicinity of crashed police cars and occasionally in a crowd of zombies.
- Bandit zombies sometimes have the gun attached to their holsters. Bandit zombies can be found at the bandit ambush vehicle story.
Survivor wielding the revolver.
Real life counterpart of M36 Revolver.
ImpactSound = null,
MaxRange = 6,
WeaponSprite = Revolver_Short,
SoundVolume = 25,
MinAngle = 0.95,
Type = Weapon,
MinimumSwingTime = 0.5,
ToHitModifier = 1.5,
NPCSoundBoost = 1.5,
KnockBackOnNoDeath = TRUE,
Ranged = TRUE,
SwingAmountBeforeImpact = 0,
ProjectileCount = 1,
ConditionLowerChanceOneIn = 60,
Weight = 1.5,
SplatNumber = 3,
PushBackMod = 0.3,
SubCategory = Firearm,
ConditionMax = 10,
ShareDamage = FALSE,
MaxHitCount = 1,
IsAimedFirearm = TRUE,
DoorDamage = 5,
UseEndurance = FALSE,
SwingAnim = Handgun,
DisplayName = M36 Revolver,
MinRange = 0.61,
SwingTime = 0.5,
MultipleHitConditionAffected = FALSE,
SoundRadius = 30,
MinDamage = 0.7,
MaxDamage = 1.2,
SplatSize = 3,
KnockdownMod = 2,
SplatBloodOnNoDeath = TRUE,
Icon = RevolverShort,
RunAnim = Run_Weapon2,
CriticalChance = 20,
CritDmgMultiplier = 4,
AimingPerkCritModifier = 10,
AimingPerkRangeModifier = 1.5,
HitChance = 65,
AimingPerkHitChanceModifier = 8,
AimingPerkMinAngleModifier = 0.05,
RecoilDelay = 10,
SoundGain = 1.5,
ReloadTime = 30,
AimingTime = 10,
BreakSound = BreakMetalItem,
MetalValue = 30,
AmmoBox = Bullets38Box,
MaxAmmo = 5,
SwingSound = stormyRevolverFire,
InsertAmmoSound = stormyRevolverInsertRound,
EjectAmmoSound = stormyRevolverSpin,
RackSound = stormyRevolverClick,
AmmoType = Base.Bullets38,
WeaponReloadType = revolver,
JamGunChance = 0,
haveChamber = FALSE,
AttachmentType = Holster,